Closing shop - transferring/selling recipes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candice19

Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to close the soapmaking chapter in my life. I let the people on my mailing list know, and a few people actually asked me if I'd be selling my recipes to another shop so they could continue to purchase.

Has anyone had experience with closing up shop - and particularly transferring or selling recipes (considering there is already a customer base)?

I haven't decided what to do, but I'd love input. Thanks!

Why are you moving on? Are you all learned in math and wealthy?

Ok sorry inside joke, but seriously why would you give up something that is so cool and So fun.

kbuska said:
coffee now sprayed all over my monitor and keyboard. thanks for the morning snort, kb!

lol!!

i wish i could help... do you maybe know another soaper in you area that could work something out with you?

lol! Math, maybe, Wealthy...... err... haha

I'm not really moving on to anything else, really. I have a full time job and soapmaking has taken up nearly all the rest of my time. There are many other things that I want to do/experience, and there are friendships and relationships that I let slip. Just getting my life back on the track that I want, and unfortunately, stopping the soapmaking will be the nearly-only way.

I'll still be supporting handmade soap, no matter what. I've already got a few shops in mind lol

kbuska said:

Ok sorry inside joke, but seriously why would you give up something that is so cool and So fun.

hahahahhahahahahahahha

wipes tears away.

i only know one person who sold her recipes and everything. and she changed her mind at the last minute and couldn't do it. it sounds like you have really decided tho and i wish you luck.

Latest posts

Back