Cleaning up Palm Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow

Reaction score
I just made my first palm wax container candles - love them. But, how the heck do you clean up? I normally use soy wax and feel like I can't use my metal pouring pitchers for that anymore, they are all coated with palm wax and I can't get it off. I wiped them out with paper towels as soon as I poured and went to wash them with soap and water but water at the hottest temp hardens the wax. So, I put them upside down on a towel in the warm oven and wiped when down with paper towel again, but there is still a white film all over the inside of the pitchers. Any advice?

that's how I handle mine and they come clean.
got me.

but would a tiny bit of residue really impact your other candles?

Got it good and hot and wipe it out with paper towels. I do this using a thick bundle of paper towels because it's so hot you need them thick to keep from getting burnt!

If you get it hot enough you can also burn it off. It's my experience with stearic acid candles that it burns off clean if you get it hot enough. This does however make a smokey mess. A propane torch would probably work well, causing the wax to light and thus eliminating smoke...

Latest posts

Back