Cleaning tip

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teresa408

Reaction score
C93E2D57-DB44-494C-A246-3052D6407517.png

It’s a simple thing, but these little silicone sponges made my life a little easier so I thought I would share with you kind people.

I bought them for dishes because I hate how sponges get moldy, turns out they are awful for that because there is hardly any abrasion to them, but they are great for cleaning up after soaping because they rinse easily and don’t get clogged up with waxy soap gunk like a sponge.

If you shop for one, I would get whatever is cheapest and don’t bother with multiple units because one will last for ages unless you are cleaning the sharp end of a knife.

Also, I got a small ikea cart on wheels and it makes pulling out my stuff and putting it away again SO much faster. I’m loving that change because I’m storing my soap stuff in another room.

If anyone else has suggestions to make cleanup easier, I would appreciate them!

I saw those in the store sold as facial scrubbers, sold in sets of 3. Better price at Walmart than the link you provided.

Yeah, as I said, I don’t suggest getting the multiple items like I did, since one will last until you accidentally cut it or something. I generally avoid Wal-Mart at all costs, but starting to feel just as bad about amazon lately. I can’t win with shopping.

I got small ones for my face at the dollar store, they are great.

Yes! The face scrubbers are great. I got a two pack a year ago and still have one in the package unused. These things are bulletproof. I saw some for makeup brushes that I might pick up at some point for my paintbrushes.

Mine arrived last week from AliExpress, first thing I thought of was how they'd make an excellent soap dish! So cool to squish, think I'm going to have to get some more!

But the question was about cleanup after soaping...
Soaping Dishes left a day or so are much easier to get clean...or is it because I dont know any different...:rolleyes: lol
Fragrance oils come out better from plastic when washed with cold water and detergent first, then hot

Back