Christmas in July

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
7,135
Reaction score
169
Location
Texas
I am doing a Christmas in July party & sale this saturday. Did anyone else do a Christmas in July event?

I think I will run an etsy shop wide clearance after the event. I like to clear out & start fresh 2x a year July/Aug and Dec/Jan.

Here's a link to my event: http://pollywogpatch.blogspot.com/
 
That sounds awesome. Don't laugh but no one buys from me when I have sales (digit is an exception lol) they only buy after a sale? I spent all day one day trying to get my name out there and nothing for a week. So i put everything regular price and thats when I got orders? What am I doing wrong?
 
Tabitha said:
I think I will run an etsy shop wide clearance after the event.

Did I read "clearance sale"? :shock: I am so there. :lol: :lol:

Digit

Edited to ask: how much for the shower guy with the body wash?
 
pepperi27 said:
Don't laugh but no one buys from me when I have sales (digit is an exception lol) they only buy after a sale? I spent all day one day trying to get my name out there and nothing for a week. So i put everything regular price and thats when I got orders? What am I doing wrong?

Hey....that is because I am cheap! I mean......uhhhhh.......thrifty......yeah, yeah......that's the word, I am thrifty. :lol: :lol:

Digit
 
pepperi27 said:
That sounds awesome. Don't laugh but no one buys from me when I have sales (digit is an exception lol) they only buy after a sale? I spent all day one day trying to get my name out there and nothing for a week. So i put everything regular price and thats when I got orders? What am I doing wrong?

I know our Digit loves a sale! :lol: She has me hopping right now... 8)
 
:shock:
Edited to ask: how much for the shower guy with the body wash?

Yes, twice a year I do 30% off for a week, then 40, then 50, then I donate what is left to a cause. It makes me get off my butt & make the next season's scents :wink: .
 
Soapmaker Man said:
I know our Digit loves a sale! :lol: She has me hopping right now... 8)

My favorite size, flavor, color and scent. :lol:

BTW.....is it here yet? :lol:
 
Tabitha said:
Yes, twice a year I do 30% off for a week, then 40, then 50, then I donate what is left to a cause. It makes me get off my butt & make the next season's scents :wink: .

Woo-hoo!!! I will take one of the shower guys for 50% off. Thank You!!! No need to wrap or label.

I have been eyeballing some things and making my wish list. Still have my $25 Tab bucks to spend. :lol:

Digit
 
I marked most of mine down 15% for the CIJ sale and it's working failry well. I love shopping for Cmas in July.
 
pepperi27 said:
That sounds awesome. Don't laugh but no one buys from me when I have sales (digit is an exception lol) they only buy after a sale? I spent all day one day trying to get my name out there and nothing for a week. So i put everything regular price and thats when I got orders? What am I doing wrong?
People ONLY buy from me when I have sales! :roll: Etsy and online orders have been so up and down lately....
I went two weeks without a single order and then sold nearly $400 in two days! :roll: Go figure...

I was selling Soy Tarts like craaaaazy so I put them in their own etsy shop and havent sold a single one! *sheesh*

I think I am having a Christmas in July sale starting Saturday to clear my shop and just start over...
 
anhoki said:
I marked most of mine down 15% for the CIJ sale and it's working failry well. I love shopping for Cmas in July.

Got your "3fer" earlier yesterday. :lol: Needed to try the complexion bar :oops: and got beer soap for the man. And I was tempted by Eduardo. :lol: :lol:

Lane - I have never even been to your Etsy shop til today. :oops: Silly me. Always ogled your "Luxury Lane Soap" site. I zoomed in on the gorgeous blue swirl at the top of the page back when you were redesigning before the article came out.

I love to shop in my jammies. :lol: :lol: :lol: Jamma-lamma-bambam shopping.

Digit
 
Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
That sounds awesome. Don't laugh but no one buys from me when I have sales (digit is an exception lol) they only buy after a sale? I spent all day one day trying to get my name out there and nothing for a week. So i put everything regular price and thats when I got orders? What am I doing wrong?
I went two weeks without a single order and then sold nearly $400 in two days! :roll: Go figure...quote]

I would love to sell $50 in two days. I did notice however, when I do trades or purchase from someone else a few days later i get orders?
 
pepperi27 said:
Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
That sounds awesome. Don't laugh but no one buys from me when I have sales (digit is an exception lol) they only buy after a sale? I spent all day one day trying to get my name out there and nothing for a week. So i put everything regular price and thats when I got orders? What am I doing wrong?
I went two weeks without a single order and then sold nearly $400 in two days! :roll: Go figure...quote]

I would love to sell $50 in two days. I did notice however, when I do trades or purchase from someone else a few days later i get orders?
I purchase from others like CRAZY! It really helps.

I was doing a lot of trades and it really bumped sales, but I lost a bit of money and pretty much did it just to fuel product circulation. But you help out the right person with the right friends and POW! :)
 
digit said:
Lane - I have never even been to your Etsy shop til today. :oops: Silly me. Always ogled your "Luxury Lane Soap" site. I zoomed in on the gorgeous blue swirl at the top of the page back when you were redesigning before the article came out.
My Etsy has turned into a mess. :( I have too many ideas.

Luxury Lane Soap is 100% completely being over hauled. Not like little changes, but really changing the entire thing. My husband is in school for IT Systems Administration/ Computer Science and I have been "borrowing" his books at night to redesign.

I'm very sad to let my current site go, but I have to for all of the new changes.
 
Lane said:
I was selling Soy Tarts like craaaaazy so I put them in their own etsy shop and havent sold a single one! *sheesh*

I am no marketing guru, but it seems like a good idea to also keep them at the other site. Their own shop is for the tart shoppers. :lol: :lol: But.............also being with the other products, they could be add on or impulse purchases.

Example: Shopper Digit (now known as SD) buys an entire B&B line in XX fragrance. Then.......she spies the home stuff. SD clicks, she eyeballs, and sees XX fragrance products for her home!! SD adds them and a few others she likes to her cart, cha ching goes your sales. SD may be too lazy or not notice them at another site. JMHO

Digit
 
digit said:
Lane said:
I was selling Soy Tarts like craaaaazy so I put them in their own etsy shop and havent sold a single one! *sheesh*

I am no marketing guru, but it seems like a good idea to also keep them at the other site. Their own shop is for the tart shoppers. :lol: :lol: But.............also being with the other products, they could be add on or impulse purchases.

Example: Shopper Digit (now known as SD) buys an entire B&B line in XX fragrance. Then.......she spies the home stuff. SD clicks, she eyeballs, and sees XX fragrance products for her home!! SD adds them and a few others she likes to her cart, cha ching goes your sales. SD may be too lazy or not notice them at another site. JMHO

Digit

I notice that as well. when I'm shopping I like to see the variety on one shop less work for me and more money for you! LOL
 

Latest posts

Back
Top