SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:headbanging:

I am feeling very uninspired with my Christmas soaps this year.
I don't like to make frosty type ones (blues, snowflakes) given Australian Christmas is the opposite. Anyone else feel that way?
I want to get some gumnut moulds (or gumnut to make my own) and try something with those.
I quit making Christmas themed soaps years ago, because they just do not sell well for me. My daughter's former m&p soaps would sell in some holiday markets but she gave up the business. She used to make fantastic m&p designs. I cannot even get her to make me some marshmallow soaps which always sold well at my largest Holiday market.

jade-15

Reaction score
I shouldn't complain as I only make two batches to give to family - I don't sell. But I feel like I need to make something new each year. I'm quite out of practice though so having trouble getting colours right. Obviously I just need to make more soap :mrgreen:

toxikon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just made my big Soaper's Choice oil haul! Now I need to decide on what Christmas FOs I'm going to play with this year. I think I'd like to do a wall-pour candy cane soap for sure. And perhaps a "lump of coal" as well.

I'm going to try to get my Christmas soaps done earlier than November this year... hah.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
SPONSOR
Reaction score
I shouldn't complain as I only make two batches to give to family - I don't sell. But I feel like I need to make something new each year. I'm quite out of practice though so having trouble getting colours right. Obviously I just need to make more soap :mrgreen:
I'd be making beachy type scents seeing it is always hot.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
I'm loving this Christmas Soap for Men and have every thing I need to make it -- just gotta find a cyprus in the neighborhood to nick a few twigs:

Xmas Soap.jpg

Tanya from Lovely Greens (UK) offers this excellent tutorial on a Christmas Soap for Men. If you’re new to soap making, follow the link in the text to her free 4-part natural soapmaking series and to a video on How to make Lemongrass Soap for further instruction. She provides other useful links throughout the text as well.

Cedarwood & Lemongrass Soap with an ‘Etched’ Leaf Design

http://lovelygreens.com/2017/08/cedarwood-lemongrass-soap-recipe.html

annalee2003

Reaction score
I'm loving this Christmas Soap for Men and have every thing I need to make it -- just gotta find a cyprus in the neighborhood to nick a few twigs:

View attachment 25836

Tanya from Lovely Greens (UK) offers this excellent tutorial on a Christmas Soap for Men. If you’re new to soap making, follow the link in the text to her free 4-part natural soapmaking series and to a video on How to make Lemongrass Soap for further instruction. She provides other useful links throughout the text as well.

Cedarwood & Lemongrass Soap with an ‘Etched’ Leaf Design

http://lovelygreens.com/2017/08/cedarwood-lemongrass-soap-recipe.html

Those are absolutely lovely!
I always seem to miss making soap for Christmas. So many holidays and events going on around November and December, I tend to get a bit distracted.
Definitely saving that link though and hopefully I'll remember to look through it and make some actual holiday soap this year!

Relle

Staff member
Admin
SPONSOR
Reaction score
13 weeks to go or 93 days. Take your pick.

SoapAddict415

Reaction score
December sounded farther away than 13 weeks. I better get to soaping! Has anyone ever used desiccant packs (the moisture absorbing packets you find in various store bought products) to cure soap? I was able to get my hands on some & I'm wondering if they'll shorten my curing time.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
December sounded farther away than 13 weeks. I better get to soaping! Has anyone ever used desiccant packs (the moisture absorbing packets you find in various store bought products) to cure soap? I was able to get my hands on some & I'm wondering if they'll shorten my curing time.
I doubt it will. Curing is not just about getting the water out of the soap, it's also about the crystals rearranging themselves into a more stable structure. That takes time.

anjouwu

obsessed
Reaction score
I'm behind already! I just tried a batch using Nurture's Winter Wonderland, and wow did it accelerate. I'm trying again with a different FO. Wish me luck ;)

Relle

Staff member
Admin
SPONSOR
Reaction score
9 weeks away or 3 weeks to have your CP made for curing.

Status
Not open for further replies.