Christmas 2017

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:headbanging:

I am feeling very uninspired with my Christmas soaps this year.
I don't like to make frosty type ones (blues, snowflakes) given Australian Christmas is the opposite. Anyone else feel that way?
I want to get some gumnut moulds (or gumnut to make my own) and try something with those.
I quit making Christmas themed soaps years ago, because they just do not sell well for me. My daughter's former m&p soaps would sell in some holiday markets but she gave up the business. She used to make fantastic m&p designs. I cannot even get her to make me some marshmallow soaps which always sold well at my largest Holiday market.

I shouldn't complain as I only make two batches to give to family - I don't sell. But I feel like I need to make something new each year. I'm quite out of practice though so having trouble getting colours right. Obviously I just need to make more soap :mrgreen:

Just made my big Soaper's Choice oil haul! Now I need to decide on what Christmas FOs I'm going to play with this year. I think I'd like to do a wall-pour candy cane soap for sure. And perhaps a "lump of coal" as well.

I'm going to try to get my Christmas soaps done earlier than November this year... hah.

I shouldn't complain as I only make two batches to give to family - I don't sell. But I feel like I need to make something new each year. I'm quite out of practice though so having trouble getting colours right. Obviously I just need to make more soap :mrgreen:

I'd be making beachy type scents seeing it is always hot.

I'm loving this Christmas Soap for Men and have every thing I need to make it -- just gotta find a cyprus in the neighborhood to nick a few twigs:

Xmas Soap.jpg

Tanya from Lovely Greens (UK) offers this excellent tutorial on a Christmas Soap for Men. If you’re new to soap making, follow the link in the text to her free 4-part natural soapmaking series and to a video on How to make Lemongrass Soap for further instruction. She provides other useful links throughout the text as well.

Cedarwood & Lemongrass Soap with an ‘Etched’ Leaf Design

http://lovelygreens.com/2017/08/cedarwood-lemongrass-soap-recipe.html

I'm loving this Christmas Soap for Men and have every thing I need to make it -- just gotta find a cyprus in the neighborhood to nick a few twigs:

View attachment 25836

Tanya from Lovely Greens (UK) offers this excellent tutorial on a Christmas Soap for Men. If you’re new to soap making, follow the link in the text to her free 4-part natural soapmaking series and to a video on How to make Lemongrass Soap for further instruction. She provides other useful links throughout the text as well.

Cedarwood & Lemongrass Soap with an ‘Etched’ Leaf Design

http://lovelygreens.com/2017/08/cedarwood-lemongrass-soap-recipe.html

Those are absolutely lovely!
I always seem to miss making soap for Christmas. So many holidays and events going on around November and December, I tend to get a bit distracted.
Definitely saving that link though and hopefully I'll remember to look through it and make some actual holiday soap this year!

December sounded farther away than 13 weeks. I better get to soaping! Has anyone ever used desiccant packs (the moisture absorbing packets you find in various store bought products) to cure soap? I was able to get my hands on some & I'm wondering if they'll shorten my curing time.

December sounded farther away than 13 weeks. I better get to soaping! Has anyone ever used desiccant packs (the moisture absorbing packets you find in various store bought products) to cure soap? I was able to get my hands on some & I'm wondering if they'll shorten my curing time.

I doubt it will. Curing is not just about getting the water out of the soap, it's also about the crystals rearranging themselves into a more stable structure. That takes time.

I'm behind already! I just tried a batch using Nurture's Winter Wonderland, and wow did it accelerate. I'm trying again with a different FO. Wish me luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back