Chocolate lip balm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neve

Reaction score
I have chocolate lip balm flavour, and I am wondering if it is safe and effective to colour it with cocoa powder like I do soap? Any reason not to? And what about coffee powder?

I never did get around to ordering more micas, I only have pink, green and blue/green. I need this balm to be brown.

Really busy with my business right now, and I would like to make some balms to give as gift to clients. I miss my soaping and body stuff!

Yes, you can use cocoa powder in lip balm safely. Soap Queen has a recipe for one on her blog if you need it. Coffee should technically be safe, but I don't know how that would turn out. I'd experiment with that one first. Hope this helps!
Cheers!
Anna Marie

I have that too. Good. I want to try a little experiment with my balms.

I use cocoa powder in mine too. Yumm. didn't need any chocolate flavor for it. Just used a tad bit of sweetener, and my lip balms also have cocoa butter in them. I'm thinking a chocolate and coffee mix would be amazing. Actually, I just put hot chocolate mix in my cup of coffee, which made me think of it. You can get coffee EO too, but it's pricey, however for lip balms, you only need a drop or two of flavor or EO for a whole batch of 20-30 tubes or pots of it.

I use cocoa powder as part of the flavor in my chocolate mint lip balm. It has cocoa butter, cocoa powder, stevia, and peppermint EO contributing to flavor.

I'm working on a coffee and chocolate one, using coffee infusions.

Latest posts

Back