Cherry FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Crafters Choice "santa's pipe" and it is very cherry. It has a hint of tobacco smell prior to CP, but it doesn't hold up well thru saponification, leaving a nice cherry at 4%. Now you know just in case it is on sale or something :)

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Just to let you know, I used cherry FO more than reccomended by the seller in my shaving soap and it gives a "burning" sensation at my face.

What's the best way to figure out how much to use PPO?

Sent from my XT907 using Soap Making mobile app

The supplier should have on their site or packaging a usage rate. I generally stick to .8oz per PPO. Some do more, some do less. If you use Soapcalc there is a place to put the amount so then it calculated with your recipe to give you a final total. I think it is recommended not to go over 3%. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1384109218.292212.jpg

NG Cherry Bomb is pretty cherry. I use Santa's Pipe and it definately has a tobacco backgroud as well as a bit of almond backgroud to it. I dont' get straight Cherry at all. I have a bar 2+ years and can still smell the tobacco. I happen to love the fragrance, unfortunately, I'm the only one. Here anyway.

Wholesale Supplies has the Crafters Choice Black Cherry. Very strong out of the bottle. I think it accelerated a little but don't remember since the last time I used it was 5 months ago. Soap still smells cherry like. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=7552

They also have a nice chocolate as well.

I just soaped with WSP Black Cherry and didn't have a problem with. I was prepared for it because I had read about it accelerating but got some coloring and swirls out if it. I soap RT and did almost full water so that may have helped.

It's pretty strong so if you find a chocolate FO to mix with it, you may want to use a 2 to 1 ratio (2 chocolate, 1 black cherry).

Latest posts

Back