(cheap) Packaging for Bath Salts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapStephanie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm just brainstorming about a not too expensive packaging solution for Bath Salts!

I do have a couple of jars/tubs for my other products, like scrubs and such but I'd like to keep it fairly cheap. I used to get these really cute small jars (see picture) but these guys are $2-3 (AUD) each where I can find them!

2m2yq6o.jpg

As you can see I use the rock salts in this picture, but I also have the finer ground Epsom salts I currently use.

I thought about trying Cellophane bags but I think it's maybe too cheap looking..? I was thinking about getting like a cardboard paper and wrap it on the top, staple it and putting a label on the plastic itself, or maybe on the paper/cardboard itself. But if I'm packaging the Epsom Salt, I can imagine it'll stick to the whole bag..

Do you guys have any ideas? How do you package your Bath Salts?
Love to hear your comments!

Greets,
Steph

What about putting them in paper bags like the ones loose tea companies like teavana puts theirs in?
Just make sure it is coloured in a pretty way and labelling is ady from there :D

I would like to be able to see the salts though.
But you mean the normal tea bags?

I was just going to post that. I forgot. :)

I did some research in the packaging. Apparently the essentials oils in the Bath Salts breaks down the plastic, and makes the paper bags all soggy.
Anybody had experience with this issue?

Lol I meant like the stand up bags!

But hmmm if they may breakdown, though it never happened to me I can't see a way around glass?but then so many stores sell salts in those long tubes and nothing happens to them, so as long as it is from a cosmetics supplier I guess you shoul be okay :)

most commercial bath salts do not contain any EO

only fancy home made ones do

even if the commercial ones have a scent, it would be a cheap FO, not an EO

im not saying you are wrong, but might be....i dont know if EO will melt/discolor plastic

i think voyageur soap wouldnt sell plastic tubes FOR bath salts if the EO would ruin it.......voyageur is a pretty good company

and dont forget, there are tons of different kinds of plastics, some that are more safe for harsh things. so maybe some plastics can hold up to EO and some cant.

Last edited:
I package mine in sealable cellophane bags and then put them in small, Chinese-type take out boxes.

tho i have always wondered how you spread an EO out through bath salts?? you would think it would just soak into a few grains and not "spread" around

I mix my essential oils with the colorant and then with dendritic salt before mixing into the whole batch.

you are using the 40ml ones?
do you bundle them together or sell separately?

i tried to find something like that on aliexpress for a better price but i couldnt find anything

it can be hard to find what you want on there because they dont always use the keywords we would expect

i tried to find something like that on aliexpress for a better price but i couldnt find anything

it can be hard to find what you want on there because they dont always use the keywords we would expect

Even if you did find them, you'll find on an item like this the minimum shipment is 10,000. Now I don't know about you but I sell a good deal of salts but that would still take me years to go through.

actually, aliexpress has many items where you only have to buy 10 or 100. there are some that require crazy lots, but not all. its changing to become more consumer friendly. thats why they went public....they want to be the next "ebay"

i saw some that were similar, but were rounded on the bottom so they wouldnt stand on their own. i didnt look super hard tho

I have never seen quantities that low. Lowest I saw for any bath salt containers was 5000. Is there a special section to find lower quantities?

Back