Epsom Salt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
My neighbor is moving away across country and gave me a huge (19 pound) bag of Epsom salts. Neither hubby nor I take
baths, so using them as bath salts or in bath bombs is not an option (I don't sell). What can I do with them? I saw lsg's post
from February about using them in a scrub, but I don't use a lot of stuff like that. What else can be done with them?

I'm assuming since I haven't seen it talked about that they can't be used in CP soap. Is that correct?

Epsom salt is a definite no in soap due to the mineral content. I'd make a bunch of Epsom Salt Cakes and give them as gifts. They are easy enough to wrap in cello bags, waxed paper bags, etc. I like this recipe.

The other option is to list in the For Sale section here on SMF. There might be someone near you who could use that!

I don't know about bath and body applications, but if you have any school-aged kids in your life there's some great crystal growing science experiments you can do with them.

They are a very powerful laxative but that probably won't help you too much for 19 lbs worth.

Google says it can be used for homemade play doh and slime.

Crystal projects as was mentioned, you can even frost over your windows with it.

Years ago I got a recipe for a rose food, from a very reputable nursery, that includes epsom salts, so you can sprinkle some on your rose plants if you have any.

Latest posts

Back