Quantcast

charcoal Soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cassy

Reaction score
Okay I did my first batch of charcoal soap. I was wondering how to lable the charcoal part? Any fancy name that won't freak people out? LOL Thanks Cassy

wendy_m

Reaction score
You might just try "charcoal", I know people who seek it out because it's supposed to relieve some of the weirder skin fungi and yeast problems (also mechanics like it-- not sure why, but they do.)

Otherwise just translate into french (which usually sounds good on soap labels) : "savon de charbon de bois" (lit: soap of charcoal)

cassy

Reaction score
Ha ha... Funny. I have found people are not freaking out about it when I tell them.. Thanks for answering. My son thought I cleaned out the fire pit LOL.... I have sold a couple bars so far at work to a couple gals who have teenagers...

cambree

Reaction score
What type of charcoal did you use? Some soapmakers in Asia use bamboo charcoal. It's suppose to help remove toxins from your skin.

I just made my 1st batch of charcoal soap too. But still waiting for it to cure. I use "acitvated charcoal" found at health food stores.

wendy_m said:
Otherwise just translate into french (which usually sounds good on soap labels) : "savon de charbon de bois" (lit: soap of charcoal)
That sounds fancy! :D

cassy

Reaction score
I just used the activated charcoal from the health food store. I put 1 tsp per pound, not sure. Is that enough? I also found at walmart activated charcoal in the fish section for like around five dollars. I wonder is it the same thing as in the health food store?

cambree

Reaction score
Other SMF members have used charcoal found it pet shops too. You'll find it in the older threads. So I think it's OK. I haven't tried that yet.

I used two capsules of activated charcoal with my 2 lb batch. I think that is about the same as your measurement. Althought I was thinking of using more, but it seem like that was enough.

My soap should be ready to use in a couple of days. Can't wait to give it a try! :)