Cavity swirls - no I don't need the dentist!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MzMolly65

Reaction score
Just playing with swirls in my cavity mold and liking the results

The pale purple was a mix of rose clay and blue mica .. it started out a moody brown maroon colour and morphed into the colour I hoped I'd get, so I'm really pleased with it. Scented with lavender and tto eos.

The green/white swirl is 100% CO/CM and green chrome oxide, scented with euchalyptus eo

The pink/grey are rose clay and activated charcoal, scented with Jasmine dreams fo.

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

Aaaagggh I *JUST* bought a rectangular cavity mold and seeing these I wish Id bought the round ones instead! Those are SO freaking pretty!

I also love the green one! May I ask how you did it?

pour thin, pour both colours at the same time until the cavity is filled.

For the swirl on the left you insert a chopstick in the centre and then just go around in circles gradually working your way to the outside

For the swirl on the right you start at one end and just figure 8 back and forth to the opposite end.

Aaaagggh I *JUST* bought a rectangular cavity mold and seeing these I wish Id bought the round ones instead! Those are SO freaking pretty!

You should be able to do something similar in the rectangle molds .. I would think the figure 8 would work easily enough. For the centre swirl .. trying doing it with circles that follow the shape of your mold (if you know what I mean), pour two colours, insert stick in centre and work outward following rectangle shape. I'd be curious to see what that looks like.

Back