Castile soap and stick blenders.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F Murtz

Reaction score
Just made my first batch and learned a new trap for the unwary.
I used one of the original stick blenders (bamix) without thinking of chemical reaction,(the stem is made of aluminium) I now have a batch of soap with an aluminium oxide content.
It will probably be safe to use or I may have invented a new recipe with mystical powers. :)

Ditto on not using a Bamix in the soap pot. Not only does the lye damage the shield, but the lye is also very hard on the rubber seals between the impeller and the outer shaft. As expensive as a Bamix is and how hard soap making is on stick blenders of any kind, I decided I would save my $$ Bamix for food use only. A cheap Cuisinart or Hamilton Beach stick blender works great for soap.

Go to k mart or the reject shop or op shop and buy a cheap one. I got mine at the op shop and is still going strong.

Hello and welcome! This has been discussed on the forum previously. I personally wouldn't use the soap.
I don't think I would be that bothered using it,Aluminium oxide is used in skin preparation and has been used medically in the past. apparently it is toxix if breathed and may have problems if used internally, but I will not be eating it.

I don't think I would be that bothered using it,Aluminium oxide is used in skin preparation and has been used medically in the past. apparently it is toxix if breathed and may have problems if used internally, but I will not be eating it.
OOPS more research needed the action of alumimium and caustic produces Sodium aluminate which may cause problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back