Cardboard Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thyri

Reaction score
Okay, so if I line a cardboard tube, can it be used to make a mold?

Has anyone done this? I'm not worried if I have to throw out the cardboard after- if I line it well enough it should be okay right?

Thanks in advance :)

I've used cereal boxes and pringles chip cans for molds, lined with freezer paper. Works great :D

Thyri, you will have to use baking paper here, we don't have freezer paper. BTW, where in the Gong do you live ? We sometimes have lunch in the Master Builders when we go down there.

Relle.

My sweetie pie used to work in a foam manufacturing plant, and we have some awesome heat proof plastic that is perfect for soap linings!

Greaseproof used to exist here- we used to use it as kids- but then they kinda phased it out for baking paper.

I'd love to get my hands on some greaseproof, because I like to make embedded candles, and it was perfect for it- the baking paper just doesn't do the same job.

I live in Dapto- I know where the Master Builders is- we used to go there for lunch all the time when I was younger!

Silly off-topic question, but why would they discontinue grease-proof lining paper? Is there something potentially hazardous or enviornmentally damaging about it that I'm unaware of? :lol:

Because when Baking Paper came out, everyne started using it over greaseproof- because it was the new big thing in baking.

I'm not sure why some of the big supermarkets don't stock it anymore though. You'd think they would. But I've been to a few Woolies, and Coles locally and no greaseproof. Its all baking paper.

And there is a difference between baking paper and greaseproof. Baking paper has a silicone layer.

Not sure about greaseproof, and I'm sure the curious could google it :)

Latest posts

Back