Caramel Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dOttY

Reaction score
I love soap that smells and looks good enough to eat. So I tried making a 'Jersey Caramel' soap. It's fragranced with Caramel FO and I wanted it to look like the candy/lolly. Sadly my layers aren't straight :( and I have air bubbles! :oops:

Jersey2PN.jpg

Oh yum. I actually like that the layers aren't straight. It looks more home-made. Have you thought about making bullseyes? You know, the round caramels with the sugar filling on the inside...my favorite! You could wrap them in clear cellophane and twist the ends just like the candy. mmm

I have to agree with Fullamoon. The soap looks awesome with layer not straight.

I am hungry for caramel now ;)

Thanks everyone :)

I'm miffed that when you want a straight line, it doesn't happen, and when you don't, you get it! How does that work?! LoL :lol:

I think your soap looks great!

I'm anti straight lines and think your line looks fab. Plus air bubbles and other 'fun' bits and pieces are what make homemade soap ... homemade! I'm going to say ... 'suck it up princess' ... as I'm sure you understand I'm saying it with much love and respect!

Where did you b your cuyaramel FO?

I think your soap looks great!

I'm anti straight lines and think your line looks fab. Plus air bubbles and other 'fun' bits and pieces are what make homemade soap ... homemade! I'm going to say ... 'suck it up princess' ... as I'm sure you understand I'm saying it with much love and respect!

Where did you buy your caramel FO?

I agree with the others... I think the "not perfect straight lines" adds SO much to the entire thing. It looks more handmade, which is a good thing :) They look delicious !

Those look amazing and really like candy. It looks very natural with the soft lines instead of geometric and manufactured like perfect lines. The stripe reminds me of those coconut neopolitan sundaes candies. Oh, now I'm inspired!

Back