Quantcast

Can i paint on soap? (A valentines day soap idea questison)

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

strawberry

Reaction score
For valentines i thought it would be fun to make little conversation heart soaps. I have this cute heart shape soap molds and i wanted to somehow write or paint little sayings on them. Is there a type of paint i can use to paint on soap?

copper

Reaction score
I've seen soap in shops that had been painted, so it's possible, but I don't know how it was done.

spotts71

Reaction score
what type of paint do you use on soap? Where do you get it?

I need to paint some with school colors

Tabitha

Reaction score
They make paints specifically for soap. WSP had them at one time. Not sure if they do now or not. Some people paint w/ mica too.

Black soap n candle lady

Reaction score
Hey. Try some place like hobby lobby or micheal's. They ought to have it. Or make your own like previously suggested. What a cute idea! Good luck!

MsBrenda

Reaction score
All the popular soap supplies sites seem to have discontinued soap paint. I finally found some at a store online but they want over 14.95 to ship 2 1/2 oz of paint? They can keep the paint! My first and only order with this place was a plastic scale and they charged me 40.00 shipping. Although their prices are the lowest by a buck or two, they are making big profit from over charging shipping rates. I do not intend to slam them in public. But this company is out of line.

spotts71

Reaction score
Shipping is high enough as it is without them overcharging-- its just crazy. Will keep looking. Might buy some mica's. I need to mix them glycerine before adding to the soap oils right?

Latest posts