Caffein in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. I cannot say it adds anything other than label appeal, since it is a washoff. I will say I used to get a coffee lotion/butter from Essentials by Catalina and you would know when you used it. It is also not real easy to dissolve. It will asorb the water and become very thick and hard if left to long after dissolving. I usually ends up with caffeine specks in the soap I use it in

Last edited:
Yep. I cannot say it adds anything other than label appeal, since it is a washoff. I will say I used to get a coffee lotion/butter from Essentials by Catalina and you would know when you used it. It is also not real easy to dissolve. It will asorb the water and become very thick and hard if left to long after dissolving. I usually ends up with caffeine specks in the soap I use it in
So you didn't like it? Did you smell like coffee for long?

I used to get a coffee lotion/butter from Essentials by Catalina and you would know when you used it.
Carolyn, I remember that! It was called Caffeine Buzz Body Butter. It was supposed to be good for cellulite. And if you believe that, I've got some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you... LOL

Carolyn, I remember that! It was called Caffeine Buzz Body Butter. It was supposed to be good for cellulite. And if you believe that, I've got some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you... LOL

I thought rubbing sand or coffee grinds helped. I can only speak for the coffee grinds. My legs are looking more like they did when I was 28 but weight loss might have helped too.

Yep that was it, and believe me it would give you a buzz. This is coming from a coffee and espresso drinker. Can't say it did anything else...

Latest posts

Back