Buy olive oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maloga3

Reaction score
Where is the best price olive oil??? So far I've found costco to be cheapest. Anyone found it for less than $2 per pound? I'm talking cheapest, pure oo here, thanks!

I would check at a middle eastern market if you have one in your area. I live near a large middle eastern community and regular get 3 liters of pomace for 8.99 or evoo for 12.99

I buy my olive oil at Costco. Besides the good price, you know what you're getting with their brand. Unfortunately, olive oil is often adulterated, and in lists of safe brands to buy, Costco always makes the list.

I get the Kirkland olive oil - this one - at Cosco. Good price for two 101 oz jugs (over 12 lbs total for $27 at my Cosco), and it makes nice soap. My previous choice for my small batches was the Trader Joes olive oil.

Costco here as well. I've picked up pomace a lot Mediterain (sp?) grocery, but I think the price wasn't quite as good as Costco. I'm not sure if the Soaper's Choice price is better, b/c Costco is by volume and SC is by weight and I've never gotten around to weighing my Costco oil and doing the math. I'm sure that if you are ordering the 35 gallon cubitainer, the SC price is better. I order stuff from SC that I can't get at Costco for good price. I just ordered coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, avocado oil, castor oil and stearic acid.

I've always wanted to order a cubitainer. No reason. Just because.

I buy my olive oil at Costco. Besides the good price, you know what you're getting with their brand. Unfortunately, olive oil is often adulterated, and in lists of safe brands to buy, Costco always makes the list.

Hello! Like Navigator9 mentions - be careful what you purchase. Cheap olive oil can contain other oils like soybean, corn or other less expensive oils (compared to the price of 100% olive oil). Some dishonest distributors will add other oils to the olive oil and sell it as pure. For cooking you may not know of any difference but for soaping it greatly throws off the saponification values causing you to have more or less lye solution available in your soap batter. This is one reason why some people have major disastrous results in making soap from their usually reliable recipe.

Costco here too. My costco just dropped the price from 26.99 back to 24.99 for 2-3 liter bottles. I've been using is for several years with no issues.

Latest posts

Back