bugs dont like lemongrass!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I made lotion bars and the mosquitos dont like it! so i get to smell good and keep bugs away.

i saw some "all natural" bug spray for roaches that was made with lemongrass. it definitely smells better than other bug sprays

Thanks for posting about lemongrass. Too bad I didn't know about it sooner before the fiasco of trying to a little citronella in soap. :wink:

I made a spray with Lemon Eucalyptus EO and they don't like that either! Smells soooo much better than Off. I'm going to have to try it on a lotion bar!!!

Hazel said:
Thanks for posting about lemongrass. Too bad I didn't know about it sooner before the fiasco of trying to a little citronella in soap. :wink:

What happened? Just overpowering and stinky??

Yes! Plus I messed up while making the batch and I had to ask honor435 for help. Poor lady...I pester her so much but she's been a tremendous help.

It wasn't intended to be a bug soap. I had the "bright" :roll: idea to try citronella with lavender since I like lemongrass/lavender blend. Whoo wee! Citronella is a lot stronger than lemongrass. :lol:

I posted awhile back about this batch on the CP forum. It's funny that you mentioned this today. I was sniffing one of the bars earlier and it's not as bad now. I originally did this batch on July 6 and rebatched it a couple of weeks after this date and added some bergamot/grapefuit to it. It's been curing for for almost 5 weeks.

I was talking to one of my nephews earlier and he wants to try the soap. So, I took the smallest bar and used it earlier to see what it was like. It suds up very nicely and what scent lingers on the skin afterwards actually smells nice. It's turned out to be a light citrus scent.

This might actually have been a fortunate fiasco because I probably would have never combined these four EOs together.

you dont pester me! I enjoy helping people, Lord knows people did help me when I first started.

I'm glad you didn't think I was a pest. It just seemed like for several weeks in a row I was messing up every batch. Let's just say I felt like I was pestering you. :lol:

Thanks for helping me save some batches. I think they're all going to be okay. I have one other that I intend on rebatching so I might come crying again to you. :wink:

Back