Buffalo tallow

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lindy I agree that beef tallow makes for amazing soap. I can understand that a lot of people don't want to use soap made from animal fats, but it really does make for amazing soap. I have made a few batches with beef tallow and even from the start they are great, and you are right, they cure even better. Most commercial soaps contain beef tallow.

Re: :?

Lil Outlaws said:
I need to find it but somewhere I also saw a recipe for a body lotion/butter something or other that had the tallow in it, and it was supposedly good for stuff like eczema, which my son suffers from. I hope to try it and see how it works..
I know this sounds a bit odd, but my son's eczema responded very well to straight lard.

Deer Tallow

I got my 2 lb slab of Deer tallow today from Cheryl Sawyer @ The Three Dog Kitchen it's all pretty and white :) If anybody else wants some; it's alright to contact her and she's very helpful, she even made it a priority to see if I had receive my package. That's what I call five star customer service!

Image25.jpg

Dan @jhbuffalomeat only takes credit card orders no PayPal :(

she is great! I loved the tallow I got from her last year. It was VERY clean and odorless, and the packaging is perfect - I stored some packets of it in my cool garage for a year and it was in great shape a year later.

Not only did she check to see that I received it and that it looked good, she checked up later to see if I had soaped it and to ensure I was still satisfied.

agree - 5 stars

Have you paid for the buffalo tallow yet? She told me she'd let me know when it shipped so I could send a check or whatever, and I told her that would be fine or I could send paypal if she wanted.. I included my address but never heard back. Wondering if she sent it and just expects me to send payment when it comes or if she forgot??

I would kill for some deer tallow, but don't know where to get it here in Melbourne. I bought a bar a few years ago in a small country town, the lady got it from a hunter, and it was amazing. For our use I try to add beef tallow or lard to my soaps and they are so nice. I have even put lard in cream once and it was fantastic on my eczema, must remeber this next time I make cream again.
Etelka

hee hee - I use lard straight when my skin gets very dry - it's much nicer (IMO) than many oils for the skin It soaks in better than olive oil, for example.

I use deer tallow on occasion, but find that beef tallow is very very close. Deer tallow may be a bit harder. But it may also be inconsistent since their feed and such may vary greatly.

Latest posts

Back