Bubble Scoops packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking a a bit of help here... I have not sold any Bubble Scoops but will be taking them out to my Holiday Craft Fair. These are the single use small scoops and I am curious of what the price point is for the small ones. Also how is the best to package them? I have these dessert cups https://tinyurl.com/y8l54cy8 that will hold 6 with my small mesh bag https://tinyurl.com/ycbl2o8d

What do you think of the packaging, or is it better to sell them as singles? I still need to finish designing the label and put some ribbon around the middle. I am looking for honest answer not, "that's cute" if it is not. I have to give them to my daughter for the finishing touches, she is over the top when it comes to packaging
20181101_140023[1].jpg

I would either take out the mesh bag, or place it more towards the bottom so that you can clearly see how many are in the cup. It's also hard to know what the mesh bag is, just looking at the picture I thought it was a mini shower poof until I read your post. Is there room to fit the dessert cup in the mesh bag? Then you could still package them together, and just leave a cup outside of the bag for displaying.

This is the first year I'm selling mini scoops, years before I did one large scoop that was good for multiple baths, so I'm not sure how well they sell as sets - I'll find out this weekend! I'm selling my singles for $2 each (I can make them for 50cents), and I haven't put my sets together yet so not sure how many will be in there and what the price will be. I'm packaging sets in 2pc Christmas ornaments, so I have to see how many fit. I'm running a bit last minute this week 'cuz you know, it's me and time snuck up on me again.

To me the mesh bag idea, looks a bit messy, you don't get a good look at the scoops. Can you display the scoops on the table loose and when someone wants to buy, just put in a paper bag with the mesh bag added in, that way if you have different scents they can pick out their own scents, not sure how many you are selling in the one price. I have no clue how much these would go for.

I'm using the exact type of packaging for bubble scoops. This is the first time I've tried selling them, so we'll see. I went to the $ store and bought some paper shreds to put in the bottom, and 4 scoops. I printed a card that is inside the container with ingredients and directions. I am packaging a variety of different, but related scents. So on the top I have a small round label that says 'bubble scoops' and the scent collection. The bottom has another label with the 4 individual scents listed - an example is Sweet Fruits as the collection, and the individual scents are blackberry, orange & berry, pineapple mango and a citrus blend. The labels are quite small, so I had to use two. I don't really know how to price them, but this sale isn't in an elite area and I wanted to use up most of what I've been storing to make them. I'm thinking about $5, and am selling muslin bags separately - probably for $1 because I don't want to deal with change. I don't use a bag when I am using the bubble bars.

Could you fold the bag on the bottom and possibly put it in a seasonal cupcake wrapper? If you can make it look a bit like a cupcake they’d match the themed stocking stuffers that are starting to pop up. It would add a slight cost but the customer wouldn’t have to repackage before gifting.

Could you fold the bag on the bottom and possibly put it in a seasonal cupcake wrapper? If you can make it look a bit like a cupcake they’d match the themed stocking stuffers that are starting to pop up. It would add a slight cost but the customer wouldn’t have to repackage before gifting.
Yes I was already going to fold the bag, this pic was really only to show the container, not necessarily how I am going to package. I am going to make a label that goes inside and wraps around the container. I may put ingredients on the bottom using a round sticker. I also called my daughter to find out what she may have for cupcake wrappers, I am sure a bunch of them are around.

The little mesh bags were inexpensive and just an extra if they want to use it. I know in our area they will not go for 2 each scoop, to much competition here and I really don't think I would pay $2 per batch, but depends on the area.

ETA: I wanted to sell them individually but could not get enough made before returning to the parents

Last edited:
I agree, inside the bag isn't good either. I was hoping the bag would be a tighter fit, then it might have worked. I'm getting my ornaments tonight (last night didn't work out, derailed by husband after work), not sure if I should get some fake snow or something to add in or not. My singles are just going into a large tub to put out and sell with a sign saying "this color = this scent". They're shrink wrapped in cling film so they shouldn't get messy. I'm using a paper envelope bag and a sticker label at the final sale. (I think I mentioned this in another post when you asked, Carolyn.) It seems to work well for people who want to pick a variety.

Honest opinion? I don't like the spherical container simply because it rolls around and seems like it would be difficult to store. Also looks cluttered.

How about a long plastic bag (like for candies) where you can fit the bubble scoops single file on top of each other, tied with ribbon or other string? The mesh bag can be at the top where it might be disguised by the gathered plastic and dangling ribbon.

They do not roll around, and the problem with bags is, the get crushed and tacky looking when packing and unpacking for markets. Stand up packages work and do not get battered up, but I have another type of sugar scrub going in pouches. Soft but solid molded sugar scrubs. When these are done, they will actually look very nice, that I guarantee. When packaging you really want the package filled and the product not moving around and getting crushed.

I think someone already mentioned using paper baking cups. I think that would work quite well in a container of that shape. The mesh bag (which I love!) can fold into the baking cup and the scoops can sit on top of it. I think that would be a pretty presentation and you've just given me an idea.

I've been using wax paper baggies for my scoops. If I think it's going to be a busier market, we'll package three scoops per bag and label them but, otherwise, I sell them individually for $2 each and three for $5; customers can choose what they want and we bag them and tag them.

I just do not see them selling here for $2 each. We have so much competition and disposable income here is becoming very tight. I figured I would go with $1.50 each. I am going to go with the cupcake wrapper in holiday prints with the bag in the bottom. The little mesh bag is great for holding under the faucet

I've not sold bubble scoops, so take that into consideration with my reply ;). How about some sort of a clear solid plastic tube (not flexible like cellophane) . . . think the shape of a toilet paper roll, although larger and plastic, with either caps to go on each end, or else one end already closed and a cap to go on the other? I tried to find an example online but couldn't at the moment. Something long enough to hold 3 or 4 scoops in a line (whatever amount you wanted to package together).

solid plastic tubes are not inexpensive. I am going with what I have and will make them attractive. With a lower price point I can afford to put 5 in the container plus the little white mesh bag

I agree those tubes are not cheap. Would affect your bottom line. I say go with your packaging. I for one could not sell scoops, but do sell bath bombs. Not a ton but enough to make it worth it. It’s a good way to test your market.

I agree those tubes are not cheap. Would affect your bottom line. I say go with your packaging. I for one could not sell scoops, but do sell bath bombs. Not a ton but enough to make it worth it. It’s a good way to test your market.
They very well may not sell here, but my grandkids and mom love them, so they will be used. To many DIY sites today for making and selling these type of products

I just do not see them selling here for $2 each. We have so much competition and disposable income here is becoming very tight. I figured I would go with $1.50 each. I am going to go with the cupcake wrapper in holiday prints with the bag in the bottom. The little mesh bag is great for holding under the faucet

$2.00 Canada is equivalent to $1.50 US today, so that's right in line with Misschief's pricing. I really like your packaging idea. I do believe they will be quite attractive and I'd surely buy some for my granddaughter if I were to visit your market.

Back