Brand name soap and labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest just getting a PO box under your business name - or any mailbox/postal type store. Then you can list that without security issues.

I will do that,I have to deal with the post office anyways.They have my parcel stuck at JFK airport since December and the post office people have no clue what to do ?????

you can rent a PO box at some UPS stores and then they give you their actual street address to use....this will make you more credible as some people will not consider you so with a PO box. Personally I am relunctant to do business with people who only have a PO box...its a matter of trust.

My home address is a matter of public record, it's on my business license, my home occupation permit, my business name registration and it's listed with the state corporation commission.

Yes- it must be the home address. The address is supposed to be where you as a manufacturer can be found. You are legally responsible for the safety of your product, and if there was
a problem, the world needs to know where to deliver the legal papers.

I asked at the post office, and the clerk said that they would not give out your home address if anyone came looking for you with court papers-
so I don't think that would satisify the government as a legitimate address. I don't know about the places that rent out mail boxes that allow you to use their street address such as:

Clean Soap Co.
(Suite number)
(street address of the post box store)
AnyTown, AnyState

I asked Marie Gale (the expert at the HSMG about labeling law) about putting the address of the retail store where I have my soap for salein order to avoid putting my home address on the label.
She said the address should be of the person who is legally responsible for the product, and that would make the store responsible.

I finally gave up and have my home address in pretty small font followed by my phone number in large font along with my web address.

Oh no I am not saying anything about the company, I purchased a soap of frankinese and myrrh and cant stop sniffing it. HAHHAH I was just wondering about labeling from all I have studied and read and looked at. How precise the labeling has to be. I am studying for my soap guild certification and I just found it curious.

i have yet to understand the benefit of a guild certification. what will you then be certified to do?
does the education include not selling until you know what you are doing and why and can consistently make good soap??

carebear said:
i have yet to understand the benefit of a guild certification. what will you then be certified to do?
does the education include not selling until you know what you are doing and why and can consistently make good soap??

Ayep.

Certification makes me feel better. :) Even if it means nothing. I at least feel like I can accomplish something at this time. Because of using oxygen at this time when I go out, cant go to college. Cant go alot of places.
It means that I could achieve something. Anything. Plus you send them samples of your stuff. I sat on a couch and stared at a wall for 2 years, when I was told the Phen Fen I took in 1997, came and took most of my life away.

I don't disagree with listing the eo's together, especially when you think about the fact that no one has to list each component of a fragrance oil (you don't even know what they are in most cases). but as far as the colorants and herbs being grouped all together, I thought they would have to be listed separately.

I thought I read somewhere that you specifically could not get a P.O. box for your business address... That it had to be a physical address. (don't ask me where I read that, and I could be wrong about it, I just remembered it because I was thinking it would be weird/dangerous to have a home address listed on a label)

yes, I don't like to give my home away like that either,having children etc.
I understand the reason, but I think there must be another way...
DON"T LIKE IT !

Lease or buy business property.

This might be THE year. I hope.

Latest posts

Back