Brambleberry ROCKS!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
I just have to say, that I placed an order for FO/EO at the beginning of the week, and i just received it with their regular Fedex ground shipping! I live out in the stix, and always have to wait for everything! There sure is something to be said about customer service and fast shipping!

Have you any idea what I am going to be doing this weekend??? :lol:

I ordered from them Monday night and I was kinda hoping to see my stuff today, but no such luck. I'm also WAAAAY out in the sticks. I ordered lye too, and faxed off the waiver, so that might hold things up, I guess.

My projects are on hold till I get my stuff too. :(

I only live a couple of hours away, but I've always had great luck with Brambleberry. :)

They did a special request for me last week after 2 other companies refused me! That realy impressed me!

Well, I found out why my order didn't come. They're out of lye. Wish they didn't wait four days to tell me. :(

Brambleberry does rock. Their retail store is about five minutes away from my school. I'm a lucky girl. :lol:

Oh to live in civilization... :lol: How nice to be so close!

Although, I guess I would have to trade my goats and horses in. :wink:

Brambleberry

Brambleberry, of late, has become less than a fun company to deal with.

Aside from the fact they discontinued their mold and flatly refused to tell me where I could get another (it's called making sure your customers are taken care of, no matter what)....I've gotten charged a restocking fee for a items I never received...and instead gotten that news when I re-ordered rather than in a phone call.

And I always get voice mail when I call instead of a real person, which is annoying.

I don't use them unless I absolutely have to any more.

Re: Brambleberry

oceanmember said:
Brambleberry, of late, has become less than a fun company to deal with.

I agree. I wanted to make a purchase a while back and used their shopping cart, paying thru Paypal (from their website). I didn't hear from them about my order and decided to contacted them via email.

I then got an email saying they have no record of my order. Yet my Paypal account was charged ($75) and there was a Paypal confirmation # of purchase made to Brambleberry on the exact date and time. The customer service lady kept saying I never made the order & that the mistake was on my end. And I told them they have to check their website shopping cart and see what is wrong. It took her 1 week to fix the problem.... and lost of time on my end. Btw, it took an action via Paypal for them to finally listen to me.

I just decided it wasn't worth it and order from another place. And since that experience, I did not want to go back. :cry:

I've had a few glitches with them, but they've always made good on their mistakes.

I had some coloring leak into my whole order & once a scent leaked. They were both in the same type of bottle. The last time I ordered, I asked if they'd tape all the bottles closed. They did & that fixed the leaking problems. I think they really just didn't know.

Once they missed sending one item of my order. I called & they sent it out immediately & didn't charge me shipping on it & gave me a freeby.

I continue to shop with them. I've been extremely happy with the EO's & FO's I've ordered from them.

Agh!! I ordered from Brambleberry a week and a half ago and just this morning I received an email from them asking how I would like them to ship my order. Almost 2 weeks and they haven't even sent it yet!

Also, the shipping costs are INSANE. I live in Canada, and the shipping option they "recommended" for my $25 order is $70!!!!! I don't think so. I know shipping is a bit higher because I'm in Canada, but I have ordered a LOT of soap supplies online in the last few months and even my biggest order (80 pounds of oils and a lot more!) only cost $35 to ship. I just emailed them back and told them that they better ship it cheaper as $70 is ridiculous! We'll see how that goes and if I ever order from them again....

brambleberry

WSP wanted to charge me $295 to ship an order of soap base overnight...to Maryland. I've been a good and loyal customer and they would not budge on that number.

It was cheaper for me to go to my local craft store and load up on two-pound blocks for $9 each....which is what i did.

Why aren't there any soap base suppliers on the EAST COAST?

Re: brambleberry

oceanmember said:
WSP wanted to charge me $295 to ship an order of soap base overnight...to Maryland. I've been a good and loyal customer and they would not budge on that number.

It was cheaper for me to go to my local craft store and load up on two-pound blocks for $9 each....which is what i did.

Geezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! That's crazy! Shipping costs on everything is so high now. I needed a period dress shipped to be received before the following week-end. They had like 7 business days to ship it. I ended up paying almost the price of the dress to get it to me by 3 day priority. Then, I had to call & say, "What's up? I still haven't received a ship notification & I paid for 3 day shipping?" They ended up overnighting it, because of their own oversight!

Makes you wonder...

I am starting a business relationship with them, and so far, Ann-Marie and company have been fantastic to deal with. As many of you know, I will be supplying their slab molds, a wire log cutter, and eventually, perhaps, my whole TOG line-up. I am working on a 60 slab mold order which they should have by months (October) end.

I can make up the same slab mold w/dividers (Sunnybrook) as they were selling size wise. They have sent many of their customers to me the past month or so.

Paul

sheesh, im nervous now :? I just placed my first order with them last week and chose the slower shipping method. I mean, they emailed me a copy of my invoice with fed-ex tracking number (it should arrive by friday) so I guess unless fed-ex loses my box (keeping fingers crossed that this doesnt happen) I guess I shouldnt worry about it, right? i know I'm not those most patient person in the world, I'm just very anxious and excited to get soaping. I signed up for my first fair this week for november 8th.

JumpinKaren said:
Brambleberry does rock. Their retail store is about five minutes away from my school. I'm a lucky girl. :lol:

yes you are a very lucky girl!!!! I wish there wher supply places close to me. I'd love to go and browse for hours

Anne Marie is the best - and Brambleberry has been around a long time as suppliers go.

I just got my first order from Brambleberry today!! Woo Hoo!! Everything was great and they sent me a (rather huge if you ask me) sample of one of their fragrance oils. I mean, the thing was like the retail size for most other places! I was VERY happy with my order, I was like a kid on Christmas day opening up that box! :D

Re: brambleberry

oceanmember said:

I'm surprised Paul didn't mention this, but www.soaperschoice.com (a division of Columbus Foods) is in Ohio. Their shipping rates are much, much better than WSP's (at the time I ordered from them 1/2 yr. ago, anyway). The only drawbacks are everything is "bulk" and they have two MP bases to choose from...white or clear. No "natural" or anything with additives, etc. Just the basics. I want to try some of their butters/oils next time I get MP base, also. Paul says he likes them, figured I'd give them a try for some shea butter.
HTH!

ETA: Upon checking I see their MP bases just recently went up $2.00 per 25lb. block, but the shipping is still the same.....$10.58 for them to ship me one block. Not bad...not bad at all.

Latest posts

Back