Brambleberry FO for a newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHello

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am just about to place my very first order with my BrambleBerry distributor for colours and fragrance and was looking for some advice on FO's that would be good for a beginner - ones that don't have a reputation for seizing or otherwise being tricky.

Fragrances that appeal to me are Red Apple, Pink Grapefruit, Sweet Meyer Lemon, Oatmeal Milk & Honey and Energy. Do you think any of them would be likely to give me trouble?

I have made just one batch of CP so far so I am very inexperienced.

Red Apple is great but might accellerate just a tiny bit. The OMH is a wonderful very well behaved FO. I love Energy and the Pink Grapefruit but I've never used in CP, I don't think they'd misbehave but I don't know how well they'd hold up fragrance-wise.. citrus scents are well known for fading or disappearing in cold processed soaps. I've used Blackberry, Champagne (it's strong so be very conservative if you plan on getting it), Strawberry, Love Spell (that's a great one, very well behaved and long lasting scent), Orange 10x EO (sticks and well behaved) and Mayan Gold (pretty strong too, don't use a whole lot) all without issues.

Oh!! I forgot to mention Celestial Waters... it's excellent for swirling and very nice scent.

OMH is wonderful and very predictable, their energy smells great in a bar and doesn't fade. You could also call Otion (their retail store) the ladies there will give you honest and great feedback!

The Energy is a great FO. Plenty of time to play with it, swirl it, etc. The fragrance also lasts forever. OMH behaved well, it's a decent OMH. Those are the only two I have used from your list.

Well looks like Energy and OMH are definites then.

I like the sound of the Champagne too. I kind of want to get a few at once because postage here in Australia can be expensive. Guess I'll take a chance and see what happens!

The OMH and Energy are easy to use and stick. I love the pink grapefruit, very authentic smelling and long-lasting. Cybilla's Orange Peel is similarly good if you want to try another citrus.

Try BB's sampler kit. Varied selection and all but one (I think its the tea/ginger) are good for cp. I bought it and glad that I did since I'm new to soaping too and didn't want to make a big initial investment while I'm learning. Good way to try our their FO's too.

Back