Booth Critique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
What do you think of my booth setup?

1) pay no attention to the background. I set up in my front yard lol.

2) How do my soaps look? The ones standing up will be my unwrapped sniffers and the ones behind them will be the ones for sale.

3) I have more things for my second table. It will be filled with mostly bath bombs and bubble bars and such.

4) My sign will not be held up by display pieces. I can't find the little stand I brought for it at the moment.

Thank you!

1428538407531.jpg

1428538418123.jpg

1428538445140.jpg

1428538455893.jpg

1428538471302.jpg

Thanks Seawolfe! I also forgot forgot to mention that the riser that the soaps are on is unfinished. It will be the cream color of the display to the right

As a shopper, I think it looks great. The color pulls me in. Everything is neat and tidy so I feel like I can browse without knocking anything over. Also, it looks so clean - a huge pet peeve of mine is non-tidy looking booths that are selling food or B&B. Yours leads me to trust that the products were made in a sanitary environment with attention paid to proper manufacturing!

I'm heading to a craft show in a couple of weeks... if this booth was there I'd annoy the bejeesus out of you, picking your brain, and then make sure to buy a lot!

That is an excellent booth! I do love that color blue-so happy and spring like! I like the "fullness" of the table on the left, and you said you are filling in the second table with other products, so that is perfect. I agree about it not being so full that I will knock stuff over reaching for what I want to pick up.

I like how you pinned the tablecloth back, it looks so tailored. And I know I won't get tangled in it when I get close(I am a klutz.)

REALLY good job!

I agree with all of the above......it looks fantastic! That beautiful blue would grab me from a mile away. I love that you have a lot of product displayed, without it looking crowded, and you have some open space, without it looking empty, a really good balance. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to add a banner across the long table with your name on it, nice and big, so that people who aren't immediately grabbed by the blue, will know what you're selling and head on over. Really nice job, best of luck with sales!

Nice set up, just make sure all your soap including your samples are labelled. I hate having to ask what scent and what are the ingredients in products, I'll just walk off if I have to do that.

Your booth set up looks great! It's colorful and bright, draws attention to it with those colors, the table cloths and stands coordinate, I assume more products are going to be placed on the stands so that is covered, you have a sign that is beautiful, everything looks great!

The other day I saw these 'pockets' that hung on the table towards the vendor, to store all those little things we need but don't want on the table (scissors, tags, markets, calculator, etc.) I was thinking about making a set. The underside of my table tends to be chaos so I've been trying to think of ways to keep it tidier.

I love the colouring of everything. It's going to really stand out compared to some of the other stalls. I think you have done a great job.

Your booth set up looks great! It's colorful and bright, draws attention to it with those colors, the table cloths and stands coordinate, I assume more products are going to be placed on the stands so that is covered, you have a sign that is beautiful, everything looks great!

The other day I saw these 'pockets' that hung on the table towards the vendor, to store all those little things we need but don't want on the table (scissors, tags, markets, calculator, etc.) I was thinking about making a set. The underside of my table tends to be chaos so I've been trying to think of ways to keep it tidier.

Those sound interesting! I'll have to check them out as I've not heard of anything like that before.

I agree with all of the above......it looks fantastic! That beautiful blue would grab me from a mile away. I love that you have a lot of product displayed, without it looking crowded, and you have some open space, without it looking empty, a really good balance. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to add a banner across the long table with your name on it, nice and big, so that people who aren't immediately grabbed by the blue, will know what you're selling and head on over. Really nice job, best of luck with sales!

Yes, I agree! I need to get a banner pretty badly, I just haven't done it yet.

Nice set up, just make sure all your soap including your samples are labelled. I hate having to ask what scent and what are the ingredients in products, I'll just walk off if I have to do that.

How would you suggest labeling the samples? From a customer perspective, would you find it confusing if the samples were directly in front of the corresponding soaps?

How would you suggest labeling the samples? From a customer perspective, would you find it confusing if the samples were directly in front of the corresponding soaps?

The samples should be labelled the same as the soap that you are selling and they should sit directly in front of the same soap. I'm not sure if that's the answer you were after. Your question confused me.:confused:

The samples should be labelled the same as the soap that you are selling and they should sit directly in front of the same soap. I'm not sure if that's the answer you were after. Your question confused me.:confused:

Sorry for the confusion. I kinda confused myself lol.

The reason my sniffer soaps aren't wrapped is because I have people all the time tell me they can't smell my soaps because I shrink wrap them. I figured if I have an unwrapped bar specifically for that purpose then maybe people can smell them better.

If you are providing a sniffer bar, why do you have samples out on the table at all? I would not risk folks loading up on samples and not buying the full bars.

I might would toss a sample of a different soap in the bag once they made a purchase, especially if it was a repeating venue(weekly farmer's market or some such). It would be something other than what they bought, though. Like if I saw them with a man, I would toss in a men's fragrance soap sample, or if they have a child with them, toss in a kid's soap sample. Or, something to make them want other products, even, like a bath fizzy if they buy 3 or more bars. Everyone loves getting something free, and women love to pamper family members.

If you are providing a sniffer bar, why do you have samples out on the table at all? I would not risk folks loading up on samples and not buying the full bars.

I might would toss a sample of a different soap in the bag once they made a purchase, especially if it was a repeating venue(weekly farmer's market or some such). It would be something other than what they bought, though. Like if I saw them with a man, I would toss in a men's fragrance soap sample, or if they have a child with them, toss in a kid's soap sample. Or, something to make them want other products, even, like a bath fizzy if they buy 3 or more bars. Everyone loves getting something free, and women love to pamper family members.

I don't have samples out. I think some wordings got mixed up.

I love your method of giving samples, though! I'll definitely have to remember that.

Sorry for the confusion. I kinda confused myself lol.

The reason my sniffer soaps aren't wrapped is because I have people all the time tell me they can't smell my soaps because I shrink wrap them. I figured if I have an unwrapped bar specifically for that purpose then maybe people can smell them better.

I use end cuts as sniffers, and I just put the unwrapped bar in front of the corresponding soap. People do like to be able to see what my wrapped soaps look like, and get a good sniff. My soaps are wrapped in tissue paper, so they can smell them, but I'd rather have people stick their noses on the sniffers instead of the bars I'm selling. LOL, why do people do that? They smush their noses right into the bar!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back