Blueberry Festival from SouthernSoapers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltysteele

Reaction score
just got done doing a batch of blueberry festival from Southern Soapers.

HOLY FLIRKING SCHNITT!! Talk about instant trace!! No stick blender needed!

1.255# lard
0.65# each of OO and CO
0.125# castor

FO at 0.8 ppo

I added my FO to my oils before adding my lye and incorporated it. i usually whisk my lye in, and within 20 seconds of whisking to incorporate the lye, it was a thick trace, with trails standing on top of the soap!!!

well, i wasn't ready for it to do that, so poured some in the bowl with my blue ultramarine, and added my goat milk powder to my large bowel and SB'd it smooth. Smoothed right out, but within 2-3 minutes of being in the pipe (3" PVC), it was setting up pretty good.

Smells pretty nice. Is a little grapey, but I think that's due to the concentration. When I opened the box I received the shipment in, I could smell fresh blueberries. I'm hoping as it cures, it mellows out to that fresh BB smell.

whoa thanks for the review!
I was thinking about soaping it this weekend too - couldn't decide between that one or the kiwi melon or bosa nova... I guess I will attempt one of the other 2 first :lol:

Wish I was at your house smelling blueberry instead of my ranky coffee soap right now. My bf says it smells like chocolate cake, I smell something totally different and it stanks.....LMAO

well, the smell of BB is being overwhelmed by the batch of lav 40/42, clary sage and ylang ylang i did right after the BB.

man, i'm not diggin it right now :?

you're welcome :)

I was reading, I think it was on the review board, a few liked the ones from sweetcakes, said it had the best BB scent, and not grapey, but i don't remember what other suppliers they tried

Thanks for the warning on this. I was going to be soaping it soon to see if it stayed true in soap.
Because it kind of morphed on me in my foaming sugar scrub. On first sniff it has sort of a musty smell, then after you get just a slight scent of blueberries.

But it has a nice blueberry cold throw in soy tarts. Hot throw is more a musky/blueberry scent.

So I will be very interested to see how this comes out for you in your soap.

Blessed Be,
Donna

so far, so good :)

i'm going to be posting pix today, hopefully. turned out great. did a blue swirl in a goat milk cream

my wife and daughter love it. daughter is only 4, but the wife says it smells like blueberry muffins

Saltysteele said:
blueberry muffins

Peak Blueberry Muffins smells exactly like that.
I don't like the muffin FO -- prefer a straight blueberry -- IF I ever find one.

The blueberry from Sweet Cakes is supposed to be true, no bakery or candy scent to it, just pure blueberry. Haven't tried it myself, but have heard a few people say that it's the best blueberry they've tried.

Latest posts

Back