Blueberries for color?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinG

Reaction score
Hi there! Can I squeeze blueberry juice to color my soap versus a colorant? Tx!

Grey would be fine too :) i just dont want white, its it blah grey or a nice blueish/cool grey? Tx!

Thanks for the links Genny :)

Oops- 5 years later, pages not there for anyone else who reads this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, and all of the posters are no longer active either. This is one reason why most of us avoid posting newer stuff on older threads -- there is no way to keep the information current.

Welcome to the Forum!

Hahaha, thanks DeeAnna -l'll keep that in mind!
Thanks Saffron- those links do work! l'll check them out better later when have more time.
:)

Elderberry steeped in the lye solution . . . will give a brownish-tea type color.

For a blue . . . alkanet root steeped in oil, warmed . . . beautiful magenta initially in the oil . . . then a dark-ish royal blue when the lye is added (pH color shift).

Prussian blue will give a beautiful royal blue. Supposedly, originally, it was sourced as a natural mineral. But that changed, apparently, back in the 1850s when the French government offered the prise for the first chemist who could synthesize it synthetically (I think from German Ruhr coal tar). So I classify it as unnatural.

Back