Bigger Batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idreamofsoap

Reaction score
I need your help guys... I am making a bigger batch of soap and I want to know whether the cement mixer attached to a drill will work as a hand blender? I am going to make about 400 ounces of soap and the hand blender wont reach the bottom as you know.

Thank you.

Sheila

I've heard of people using a "squirrel cage" attachment and a drill - is that what you mean?

You may want to mount your drill on a stand.

I have the attachment to mix concrete. I needed a strong drill and it tossed lots of concrete out of the bucket. It does put a whipping for concrete. You may want to start off with a paint mixer blade first to blend then beef it up to the concrete blade when at trace.

**** Just be careful thats a lot of lye to be mixing!! **** :shock:

They make industrial sized stick blenders........if you are doing this size of batch frequently it might be worth the investment.

PixiesPlayHouse

PixiesPlayhouse said:
Now that is an interesting title. There could be a story behind that.
My three sons call this my big cubby house. I asked them what style they thought I had decorated in.I think I was hoping they might say shabby sheik or something even though it is far from finished. Anyways there unnaimous decision was that it is 'FUN' A playhouse for anything whimsical.
Thanks for the links to the stick blenders. Now I have something to aim for and that holder also..
I did find some aussi sites with them also.
That has been a help in that I have been looking at a second hand big chefs mixer. The owner wanted $350.oo aussi and it didn't even have beaters.Now I am thinking that the commercial stck beater is the best way to go.
Mary :lol:

Re: soaping bigger

starduster said:
The human face of soaping?
What a fine looking crew you got there! That young man is such a cutie!! Ahhhh........if only I were 25 years younger.

Digit

i love the team work in this forum it's like a big family business!

thank you all for the input. i will try the paint mixer and if it doesnt work, i might end up getting the commercial grade mixer. i am also considering this from this website.

http://soapequipment.com/soapmixers/

have a fun day u all!

hello there star!

i have a question for you. but before that i want to comment on your website. it is absolutely beautiful! i will show it to my 9 year old girl when she gets back from school. she loves fairies and pink stuff. the little twinkies are so cute!

anyway, i have never used a paint mixer but i saw it online. i got confused with a very small selection which to choose from. maybe you can help me.

thanks

Latest posts

Back