Big ol crack!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say your save was super serendipitous! They look awesome. Was the layering part of the plan to begin with? And is your top drizzle that looks like mouth watering caramel the same brown as the 2nd layer? You did a seriously good job on that save. Props to you.

Sidenote: What's the deal with soap that looks like desert? If you put that on a plate I'd eat it.

Thanks, the layering was part of the plan- ish.. It looks different than I expected. I put the top stuff on (and no, it's different than what's inside. It's just M&P on top) before I cut the loaf so I tried to match it the best I could.

Haha on the side note. I'm a cake maker so no matter how hard I try, everything comes out looking like cake ;)
Do people want to wash with soap that looks like cake?? I'm just not sure it's a good thing. :)

Last edited:
I made honey soap the other day and added the honey (thinned with a little water) directly to my cooled lye/water solution. After it cooled down again, I soaped with it. No overheating.

Terrific save. Looks like that's what you intended all along.

Back