Fragrance Buddy- anything I just *have* to get?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Citrus Tree smells exactly like walking through an orange grove when the trees are blooming according to my husband who grew up playing in his family's 40 acre citrus grove on Merritt Island in Florida. It moves a little fast but workable.
Weather Vane is a wonderful complex scent that soaps well and has great scent retention. It's always a great seller for me.
Jasmin Showers is what I call a "dirty jasmine" since the sweetness is toned down and made more sultry by the cypress. I love it! This one also moves fast for me, I do a single color with a slow moving recipe.
Prince Showers is a dead-on dupe of Lush's Sultana which might be my favorite Lush scent.
These would be my "must haves" from FB and I buy large bottles to keep in stock.
I never liked Peak's Black Canyon back when Peak was still a thing. It had great reviews, but it just smelled like a cheap men's cologne to my nose after cure.

Help me out here!
I'm getting sucked into the vortex...you all know what I mean.
Don't need--Must have--Don't need--Must have, etc.
Please explain why these fragrances cost about half as much as Wholesale Supplies Plus. For example, Monkey farts is double the price at WSP and they recommend usage at 5.9% for CP soap. So, great pricing for sure, even without the fake come on of "free shipping." There is no recommended usage rate that I can find. Can I rely on the quality? Would I need more than 1oz PPO?
Shirley, head spinning like a cartoon with credit card in trembling hands.
:nodding::shakinghead:

@Shirley-D my experience with FB has been that the FOs are of good quality. I can't think of any I've had that would need more than 1 oz PPO. That said, there are winners and losers from every supplier, but I've had much better luck with FB than Nature's Garden. FB has the maximum IFRA on each fragrance oil page (below is Monkey Farts). It doesn't seem like they have been updated - there should be 12 categories now.
Screenshot 2023-02-06 164455.jpg

@Johnez The Fresh Cut Grass From FB smells soooooooo nice but accelerates big time for me. I do use a high percentage of hard oils though. I suggest you use a single color for this one and work fast! I had zero time for any type of design. I did layers and Just tried to sculpt the top of each to make it a little more interesting. I had lots of air holes and had to do a lot of patching. This was my result. I loved it so much though that I made a second batch and relived the torture. 😂

Attachments

• 7435BE78-3E43-4167-9FA1-2DBB5237E8D2.jpeg
    7435BE78-3E43-4167-9FA1-2DBB5237E8D2.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@Shirley-D FB's Monkey Farts is way better than the WSP version to me since it plays nice in CP and doesn't discolor. Good scent retention at 1oz ppo. I don't personally care for this FO in general (which is why I didn't mention it in my last post), but it does sell well.
Overall, I would rather shop with FB than WSP. The quality is good and shipping is pretty cheap and fast.

Have never heard of Fragrance Buddy...but checked it out. Hmmmm this could be trouble for my budget....
Join the club! I really do like FB a lot. Huge selection, and to me, the FOs are pretty good, plus, being a hobby soaper, I appreciate being able to get one ounce bottles to try.

Back