Best way/s to ask for advice in a new thread(long, boring,prob. annoying to newbies).

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, everyone was a newbie at some point. I try to point out instances where we all learned a (usually hard) lesson the same way someone else just did so that they understand they are travelling the same path we all did. But having a list of things that someone can do to help us help them better just makes a lot of sense.

Nice. Defiantly should be made a sticky. maybe this is where the caps come in handy. READ HERE FOR COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS or something.

Im also one of the serial offenders for rambling on about things. Like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

hahahaha sorry :p

I certainly want to be a good forum member. I am new to soaping and also new to forums. So please excuse my errors.

Thank you for posting this list. Now I can try to follow these rules so that I don't aggravate you all too much. :)

I am a rambler. My posts are usually longish. They have meat in them. But then I get distracted and pop away weeks at a time so you guys get a break.

Nice. Defiantly should be made a sticky. maybe this is where the caps come in handy. READ HERE FOR COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS or something.

Im also one of the serial offenders for rambling on about things. Like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Well don't stop there, what happened next???

Dill - Lmao ... you made me spit tea on my tablet hahahaha

I have been guilty of all of the issues mentioned. However, over the course of about a year, I learned that I got more help faster if I asked the questions better, and provided all the info I had on the front end. No one is trying to point fingers or not help newbies. Just trying to get you the help you needed ASAP.

nice not_ally; I started doing the not checking back awhile back b/c I kept forgetting where I had posted. So Now I write it down on paper...even my replies. This way I can see if my replies were on target or not.
Thank you for taking the time, every now and again I will fall into a pattern, so it's good to heard it.:clap:

This amuses me because I found the forums via searching online to my dumb/newbie questions. It showed up again and again in my searches, and everyone seemed so smart and kind and helpful and knowledgable. Not only did it seem like a nice place to hang out but virtually everything I struggled with had been addressed. Thank you for having me. :grin:
I agree that a clear issue in the thread title and frequent, attentive and grateful check-ins as regards the answers and comments that follow would help a lot. I still feel like a newbie. There is so much to learn in soapmaking—you'll never know everything. But you will eventually not suck at a few things. Hugs to all.

Latest posts

Back