Best cutting system?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone make custom wire cutters as in custom bar thickness? In Canada the shipping cost jumps considerably if thickness is over 20 mm (about 0.78") even at the same weight.

If I could make soaps under 20 mm thick I could offer cheaper shipping options.

Thanks

Does anyone make custom wire cutters as in custom bar thickness? In Canada the shipping cost jumps considerably if thickness is over 20 mm (about 0.78") even at the same weight.

Thanks

I have a single wire adjustable cutter similar to this. it allows you to slice soap any thickness you wish. http://www.forcraftssake.com/shop/i...id=152&zenid=cadd2ceea39c7c839e77d7eddd1e605a

they also will make a custom wire slicers...you'll have to email them for a quote.

this place also does custom including 19 mm multi slicers...these are top of the line commercial cutters. http://soapequipment.com/soaploafcutter/

Last edited:
Thank you so much, the piano wire framed ones look nice. Anyone ever try to make their own piano wire multi-bar cutter? I might try that.

I made mine out of scrap plywood, hardware from a local home improvement store, & Guitar string I bought online. Any wire I tried broke, but the guitar string is going strong. If I ever make another, I will try using the Guitar tuner machines, because I think it would be faster/easier to do. My cutter is not the prettiest, but it does a great job of cutting, & didn't cost a third of what buying one would have run.

I didn't have plans. I looked at all the cutters online & made one I thought would work for me. My cutter is not very big, & I can slide it out of the way, between my washer & dryer.

Thanks

Bud makes custom cutters. I just got a custom one from him and love it :) Just messaged him and told him what I wanted, and I got it in less than a week. (Yesterday!) He is super nice. :) And does great work.

1375115956799.jpg

Finally figured out how to attach photos. This is my cuter I made, like I said I can cut loafs, slabs, and round pvc loafs (with fence extension). I can cut the bars to any size I want just simply by moving the loaf or slab over.

This is my proto type, and I already have some tweaks I want to make. I used pine for the proto type but will be making them in oak, probably, or some other hardwood.

The table slides on two heavy duty, ball bearing drawer slides.

Enjoy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Soap Making mobile app

Cemetary that is quite ingenious! You obviously put a lot of thought and effort into it. Do you have a marker or a guide on it for cutting loafs into bars?

At times I have seen Bud on Etsy offer a guillotine single cutter with multiple cutting choices. I don't think he sells as many of these, but it would be a good option for someone who wants to change the width of bars. It was less expensive than his others and looks very sturdy.

Thank you. Yes, I have marks right now but I'm still working on making an adjustable stop to ensure the bars are the same when I cut them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Soap Making mobile app

Back