Belly Butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7053joanne

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a belly butter. I just found out I'm pregnant and want to be prepared for the ever expanding belly. The easier the better since everything is making me sick at the moment. THANKS!!!!

Hi Joanne,
First of all congratulations!
happy-dancing.gif

Wether you'll get stretchmarks will depend on heredity (ask your mum if she had them) and ethnicity. Blondes with very light skin are very prone to get them, african woman not so much.
You can as you say prepare your belly and breasts as much as possible by keeping your body hydrated. That way your skin wil be able to stretch further and won't get so itchy.
You could use just pure cocoa or coconut butter; if you want to you can add vitamine e and/or neroli (orange blossom) essential oil. It's said that it's best not to use EO's before your second trimester.
Enjoy your pregnancy!
Dagmar

I'm super fair skinned (Irish) so I was worried about them - I slathered myself in cocoa butter concoctions every morning and night (and sometimes afternoon too) with both pregnancies.. but I have ZERO stretch marks LOL so I don't know if it's luck, genetics, or cocoa butter.. but I'm not willing to take a chance on finding out, if we have another.. I'll keep on with the cocoa butter no matter what! hehehe
:lol:

I'd make a whipped cocoa butter with a little vitamin E oil (a couple of capsules) and maybe a tiny bit of grapeseed oil or apricot kernel oil??

I found this in my wanderings today and remembered reading this post. Mommy’s Tummy massage bar - great for back rubs too.

5 oz Cocoa Butter
2 tsp Sweet Almond Oil
2 tsp Sweet Orange Essential Oil

Melt the Cocoa Butter in a microwave or double boiler. When cooled to the touch add the Sweet Almond & Orange oils. Pour into molds and let harden in the refrigerator.Makes 2 3 oz. bars

I'd make a whipped cocoa butter with a little vitamin E oil (a couple of capsules) and maybe a tiny bit of grapeseed oil or apricot kernel oil??
I whipped cocoa butter once. I used 3 parts butter & 1 part oil & when it firmed up, it was rock solid. You had to use a knife to chizel it out of the jar.

A shea & cocoa butter combo would make a fluffier texture if you want something whipped or creamy.

7053joanne said:
Does anyone have any suggestions for a belly butter. I just found out I'm pregnant and want to be prepared for the ever expanding belly. The easier the better since everything is making me sick at the moment. THANKS!!!!

So to answer your question, it really does seem that cocoa butter is the common ingredient for belly butter!

Tanya :)

Thanks everyone for your responses! I will make something as soon as I can stand the smells. Unfortunately everything is making me nauseous at the moment :oops:

Hey! I just found this thread!
No clues whatsoever on the belly butter...

But CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby!

Congrats!

That's a great tip, Carebear! Just found this thread too. Congrats!
Unfortunately, I hadn't made anything back then...and didn't listen to my mothers warnings. So, gaining 60+ pounds during my 1st pregnancy (and having 2 more very soon after that), you can imagine the stretch marks I have now! LOL You're already started on the right foot! :0)

aw don't feel bad about ignoring your mom - stretch marks come from the inside and no matter what anyone tells you, they cannot be prevented with any form of moisturizer.

I have 2 kids and zero stretch marks - same as my mom and my sisters... it's a genetic thing to a degree - and I never used anything.

CONGRATZ

I'll defer to the experts and not presume to off advice where people with much more experience and knowledge have already spoken, but best of luck.

Roy

Thanks everyone. My mom and sister don't have any stretchmarks but I am still buttering up :D Not taking any chances over here. I ended up buying a small bit of something to carry me over until I can manage to make something for myself. I figured I would get into the habit early so i don't forget when I really need it. :wink:

Latest posts

Back