Beginners! What're your favorite soap methods?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually try to match my colors to the FO and I love a ITPS. There are so many variations and my current favorite is a Clyde circular pour.

You might find that on your journey your color pallet changes. I love the brights from the Nurture Soap epic collection and have gone more dramatic recently. I generally use micas for colorants. I use Nurture and Mad Micas. I do have some BB mica but loath paying their shipping charges.

I've heard some good things about Mad Micas! I'll have to give them a shot sometime, they seem to have a really nice selection. :thumbup:
They have sample collections that go a long way and from several color group samples I picked the colors I really loved and ordered in large sizes. Nurture soap and TBK Trading have samples too. I recommend samples first.

I love hot process but love the way cold process looks. I really wish I could make nice looking soaps doing hot process like cold process if y'all know what I mean . Lol
I know what you mean. I think CP soap looks beautiful but it's not my thing to make it. I am working on making hp soap more appealing to the eye. But that comes with experience.

I love hot process but love the way cold process looks. I really wish I could make nice looking soaps doing hot process like cold process if y'all know what I mean . Lol
Welcome Susie! LOL Yes, I do know what you mean! I do mostly liquid soap and CP hard bars but here's a tip I learned early on to give HP a smoother finish. Add an oz of sunflower oil after the cook; stir for one full minute to fully incorporate, then pour. :thumbup:

We have a couple of members here who do amazing designs with hot processed. Search for threads and you can see some of their results.

I really like the zig zag swirl from soaping 101. It's my total go to because the design is cool and its pretty easy. So you get a lot of payoff for relatively little work.

I love purples greens and blues. Also with a titanium dioxide. I recently bought some lab colors from. Brambleberry but I'm so scared!!!!

CP soap over M&P for me so far. I really like texturing the tops!

I'm waiting for my specific coloured micas to arrive so I can try my first attempt at flat layers, I'll be attempting to make a pride flag soap!
That sounds lovely, melt and pour or cold process?
I once made a rainbow soap out of some trial size fragrance oils I had and it remains one of my favorite soaps for its mix of scents and festive look!

That sounds lovely, melt and pour or cold process?
I once made a rainbow soap out of some trial size fragrance oils I had and it remains one of my favorite soaps for its mix of scents and festive look!
Cold process, I'll be doing the 5-layer lesbian pride flag so thankfully not quite as many layers as a full rainbow!

Cold process, I'll be doing the 5-layer lesbian pride flag so thankfully not quite as many layers as a full rainbow!

Very nice! Having done it, the biggest trick was having a totally level and flat mold on a completely flat surface. I had used an old Amazon box lined with freezer paper and it worked okay, but the lines weren't as perfect as I would have wanted! I think had i used the smaller slab mold that I have now the lines would have been straighter.

I hope you post pics when you finish!

Latest posts

Back