Begginers Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackSplatt

Reaction score
Hi - I was looking at making a soap/bar shampoo that would brighten /whiten my salt and pepper, mainly salt grey fox hair. I was wondering if hydrogen peroxide could be incorporated into a soap? Or would it create a chemical reaction with the Lye? Or if anyone knows of an additive that brightens, whitens grey hair. Cheers

Do not use hydrogen peroxide in a soap or shampoo bars. You mentioned being new to all of this, I would suggest that you start by making a 1 pound batch of soap and learn how everything works before you start making shampoo bars. CP soap making is not difficult for but can be intimidating at first. Do it for a couple of months and then move on to more advanced recipes.

I don't know of any ingredients that will whiten/brighten hair that can be made using CP or HP soap. If there's such an ingredient, then it would be for a more advanced skill set than a beginner.

I do not recommend using soap on your hair. There are eco friendly surfactants that can be used to make shampoo. The Herbarie, Making Cosmetics.com and the Swiftcrafty monkey blog all have recipes for shampoo. In order to access the Swiftcrafty monkey blog you will need to subscribe. You can do that for $1 per month. She has a lot of great info.

Latest posts

Back