Bath Oil Beads

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awi

Reaction score
I am looking to add some different things to a gift basket I am making for a friend. Most of the bath beads I have seen or used were very strongly perfumed and usually made me sneeze! Is there such a thing as bath oil beads which are scented with essential oils and not fragrance oils? Does anyone know a source where I could get some. They look so pretty in a clear container and would add a lot of beauty and interest to a gift basket, but I am trying to keep things as natural as possible.

Sorry I can't provide a supplier but just wanted to comment about essential oils and fragrance oils (EOs and FOs). Essential oils can be quite potent and often contain a variety of compounds which you could just as easily have a sensitivity or reaction to as an FO. Just because EO comes from a plant does not mean that it won't make you sneeze. Some would probably argue that EOs are more sensitising than FOs.

I do agree with you that most commercially produced bath oils/beads have a strong aroma and I too prefer a light scent that is not going to assult my nose!

I have not see any made with essential oils either. It could be because some essential oils would eat through the outer covering of the bath oil bead.

I'm thinking you'd have to dilute the EO in a carrier anyway - you shouldn't use more than a few drops of EO per bath

When using essential oils in a bath you want only a few drops and this needs to be diluted in an oil before being put into the water to make sure that the essential oil disperses properly....

I've not seen EO's used in both oil beads either....

Latest posts

Back