Batches all the sudden tracing FAST!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsFusion

Reaction score
I'm using the same recipe that produced wonderful results. Two things have changed...

1- I started on a new bottle of lye
2- the weather has finally gotten cold. I'm soaping in my basement, it's 66-70 degrees down there, depending on when the heat is running.

I've had 4 crappy batches in a row....what is going on???

Maybe you're getting false trace because the cooler air temperature is cooling off your saturated oils faster? What temps are your lye and oils when you soap? For what it's worth, I've been soaping in my garage which gets down into the 50s these days and haven't noticed much difference with trace times. I soap at around 100-110.

Have you been using any new EOs or FOs? Good luck!

Mine started out doing the same thing but I figured out my oils and lye water were hotter than I use to soap. Now it takes forever to get to trace.

Good luck

OH YAY...this forum is back....I was lost!!!

I used palm on three batches and no palm in 1. They all did the same thing. Yes, the palm I'm using is solidified. I melted it in warm water in the jug and shook, stirred it up real good. I'm going to transfer it into smaller containers when I have a chance.

I'm going to try warming the FO a little. When I take a reading of my FO bottles it says 67. And I normally soap at 110ish. I'm hoping this is the problem. I'm gonna try another batch later tonight.

Back