Avalon Organics shampoo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdc

Reaction score
Hi! New here, just looking into the soapmaking stuff. I have super sensitive skin, and have used only Avalon Organics shampoo (any flavor) for several years as shampoo and body wash. Anything else seems to give me a reaction after a couple days.

The ingredient list is long.....anyone know what might be the magic in this brand, and how I can make something like it myself?

Thanks!!

There is seldom a single magic bullet or one magic ingredient. I know a lady who washes her hair with eggs only and her hair is fabulous. If you want to make shampoo most suppliers will sell you the base and then you just add the extra ingredients you would like in it.l I would recommend that you make sure it has beer in it and perhaps egg yolks.

HTH
Lindy

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I guess I was not specific enough. I am looking for a recipe, and by magic, I dont mean that it leaves my hair particularly wonderful, just that I am not sensitive to it, and its ingredients specifically.

Thanks!

Don't have any idea of what the "magic" would be, but have you ever tried using a bar of natural, say an olive oil based type, of soap, without any preservatives? I was a true soap hater (yep, washed with shampoo too) until I started making soap, what a world of difference!

If you can wash with the soap without any skin problems, you can probably make a shampoo that is similiar. In our house, we melt a bar of soap down, add water, and that's our shampoo.

Barefoot

I have never tried any "homemade" soap.....so who knows what horrid ingredients were in the ones i used.

I have some food sensitivities to coconut and nut oils....what would be the safest recipe to start trying???? I think I am OK with olive oil, sunflower, soy....

Thanks!
cheri

Avalon Organics Shampoo is made of a couple surfactants, a handful of oil & few other goodies with a bunch of water and aloe.

Most of the exact ingredients are available either at the Herbarie, Snowdrift Farms, Lotion Crafter or the Chemistry store. With a little research on those sites you probably find something you like.

Back