Aussie candle supplies question?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheaMay

Reaction score
I have a few FOs from Aussie candles supplies that I use for candle making but have not yet tried them for CP soap. I particularly love their Autumn Harvest and Velvet Cupcake versions. I don't have any FOs from elsewhere so I'm unable to compare their quality but I'm happy with them, plus they are cheap and I'm able to visit their show room when it's open and smell the oils which I think is important. However they have minimal guidelines for soap making and I was wondering how accurate their recommendations are ? They do not state if the recommendations are for CP soap or melt and pour and they do not mention anything about trace or ricing or if the percentage recommendations are for oil weight or total batch weight. I realise i'll need to do testing for my recipe but I was just wondering if anyone on here has experience working with their FOs ?

I have a few FOs from Aussie candles supplies that I use for candle making but have not yet tried them for CP soap. I particularly love their Autumn Harvest and Velvet Cupcake versions. I don't have any FOs from elsewhere so I'm unable to compare their quality but I'm happy with them, plus they are cheap and I'm able to visit their show room when it's open and smell the oils which I think is important. However they have minimal guidelines for soap making and I was wondering how accurate their recommendations are ? They do not state if the recommendations are for CP soap or melt and pour and they do not mention anything about trace or ricing or if the percentage recommendations are for oil weight or total batch weight. I realise i'll need to do testing for my recipe but I was just wondering if anyone on here has experience working with their FOs ?

You need to ask them for the IFRA documentation. That will tell you the percentage allowed for products. 9 is soap. If they haven't tested them in soap you'll have to do it by making some small batches to see how it behaves.

I have a few FOs from Aussie candles supplies that I use for candle making but have not yet tried them for CP soap. I particularly love their Autumn Harvest and Velvet Cupcake versions. I don't have any FOs from elsewhere so I'm unable to compare their quality but I'm happy with them, plus they are cheap and I'm able to visit their show room when it's open and smell the oils which I think is important. However they have minimal guidelines for soap making and I was wondering how accurate their recommendations are ? They do not state if the recommendations are for CP soap or melt and pour and they do not mention anything about trace or ricing or if the percentage recommendations are for oil weight or total batch weight. I realise i'll need to do testing but I was just wondering if anyone on here has experience working with their FOs ?
You need to ask them for the IFRA documentation. That will tell you the percentage allowed for products. 9 is soap. If they haven't tested them in soap you'll have to do it by making some small batches to see how it behaves.
They do give the IFRA maxmium percentage on their website

Ausssie candle supplies have recently changed their website. You have to go through all their FO reviews to find some regarding CP soap. They are equivalent to Eroma I think. Their oils (like avocado oil) are expensive compared to new directions.

None of our Australian made suppliers will tell you if they rice or discolour. You have to rely on reviews. There are some reviews in our review chart here on SMF. Please add to it as you use their FOs. I use Eroma because their postage is cheaper as I don't live in WA. Eroma has Facebook reviews too.

Last edited:
Ausssie candle supplies have recently changed their website. You have to go through all their FO reviews to find some regarding CP soap. They are equivalent to Eroma I think. Their oils (like avocado oil) are expensive compared to new directions.

None of our Australian made suppliers will tell you if they rice or discolour. You have to rely on reviews. There are some reviews in our review chart here on SMF. Please add to it as you use their FOs. I use Eroma because their postage is cheaper as I don't live in WA. Eroma has Facebook reviews too.
Aussie soaps tell you, but yes most don't

I have used a few and was also relying on the reviews though I do know Aussie Candle Supplies have been asking soap makers for years to email their own findings on their fragrances to them and they would add that info to the website for other soap makers to reference.
I have found some of their fragrances with soap info on them.

I have used a few and was also relying on the reviews though I do know Aussie Candle Supplies have been asking soap makers for years to email their own findings on their fragrances to them and they would add that info to the website for other soap makers to reference.
I have found some of their fragrances with soap info on them.
You have to be careful with company reviews. They edit them. Eroma edit mine! I’ll say something like “nice fragrance but fades” and they only post “nice fragrance :rolleyes:
Check SMFs spreadsheets. We have quite a few Aussie ones.

Back