Attempt at a log swirl with mixed results

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chibilightangel

Reaction score
I'm very new at soaping and I love the look of a swirl. I use a log mold and decided to try coloring using cocoa powder. Used a Honey & Nut FO and added in some ground oats. I attempted a swirl but I got a more layered look so I'll just have to keep practicing.

I'll be interested to see how badly the FO will discolor with time as it was already a dark beige (a bit darker than shown in the picture) at cutting 2 days ago. I CPOP'd the batch.

batch5.gif

Not bad for your first try! How did you do it? Did you do "in the pot" technique? Or something different?

I imagine it will get darker. See how it's darker around the edges already.

I went with the layering in the mold and then swirling with a skewer. I think next time I'll do the layering again, but while playing with the skewer I'll try some up and down motion to drag it around I think.

It has a nice chocolatey look to it. You might find it easier to do an ITP swirl and then pour into your log mould.

Relle.

I've never had much luck with swirling in the mould. I prefer to do an in the pot swirl and then pour and hope for the best. That soap looks pretty nice. Well done. :wink:

Latest posts

Back