Article about antibacterial soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just goes to show there can be "to much of a good thing". It never ceases to amaze me how some additives leave tracers in the human body and environment.

I don't know if it was because of the triclosan or not, but my dad, a retired chemist, wouldn't have Dial in the house when I was a kid.

As an ex-microbiologist, I don't allow anything that is anti-bacterial in the house, with the exception of essential oils (and I'm not sure that is such a good idea either). The over-use of antibiotics and such is causing the emergence of the so called "superbugs" that are resistant to nearly all antibiotics now available. Human beings were not meant to be sterile - we wouldn't be alive without the microorganisms in our guts, on our skin, etc. Not to mention that our obsession with ridding our environments of all bacteria is (in the opinion of some doctors and scientists), the reason we see so many more food allergies and such than we used to. Our bodies are designed to protect us from the usual bugs. But if there are no bugs for our bodies to attack, then it will start attacking things it generally wouldn't. Clean is just fine. Sterile is ridiculous. Those companies aren't doing us any favors, just preying on our fears to make money.

Latest posts

Back