April 2013 Monthly Soap Challenge - Locale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger

Reaction score
Well, after doing some research into the area where I am living (I just moved here a few months ago), I ended up being inspired by a local legend. While not actually in my town the neighboring town of Leominster, hold the birthplace of a person that many of you have likely heard of in school. The legend is of a man called Johnny Appleseed, who introduced the apple into many different state in the country.

The legend is actually based on a man named John Chapman, who was born in Leominster, Massachusetts. So, in honor of this legend, I made a soap scented with Peak's Apple Jack and Peel. It is colored with a touch of titanium dioxide, chromium oxide, and Queen Kathryn mica. The three colors also represent the local area which is known as the Tri-Town area (of which my town and Leominster are part of).

The picture is showing the pink in the soap as looking more orange, but it actually is pink right now, and if it acts like the other soaps that I have with that mica in it, it will likely darken to a more red color (I hope). The soap is called "Johnny Appleseed."

JohnnyAppleseed.jpg

That looks amazing! The swirls are just perfect! Love the history behind the town. I remember learning about him in elementary school. Very cool idea! Love it!! :)

Nice! Do you ever go apple picking? There are lots of great places around here. We go to Tougas Farm In Northboro. It's nice.

Nice! Do you ever go apple picking? There are lots of great places around here. We go to Tougas Farm In Northboro. It's nice.

I do go apple picking, but hadn't in a while as I never know what to do with all the apples I pick after :)

Where da heck are the challenges listed now? I've missed the last 2 :( I don't see anything in the CP Soap area.

Nice soap hon :)

Maitri this one was listed in the General Area. The tiger stripe challenge and the elemental Swirl that people are posting are from Great Cakes Soapworks. And you are not to late to join in this challenge!!

Dana, using the apple in the soap is brilliant! That looks beautiful. I don't think I would have ever thought of that!

Those are really nice badger. Your soaps are getting better with each batch.:)

Back