Apple Pie for soap ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic1963

Reaction score
Has anyone used Apple Pie fragrance to make soaps ? I purchased one that says soap safe, but it still smells a little spicy. Just wondering if I should proceed with caution......or maybe NOT proceed at all.

It really smells good tho.....I would probably only use for hand soap or kitchen soap, I doubt anyone would want to bath in apple pie ( OR would they ? ) haha.

Anyway.....any input ? I am in the mood for some fall soap.

I know.. one of the apple orchards here sell Fried Apple Pies..., They are sooooooo good.

Since the soap will just be for me probably...I will give it a shot and see how it turns out.

i have been pondering making same
except with real apples, pureed and a touch of apple pie seasoning
doing a small batch in a day or two just to see how it comes out

if it's skin safe then it's skin safe.

this said, spicy scents often accelerate, and bakery scents usually discolor. but if you can handle the former and don't mind the latter (prolly light to medium brown) then go for it.

I don't mind color change and do HP so not worried about the acceleration part, so I am sure I will be ok with those things.

I guess I was meaning , do spicy scents irritate peoples skin or anything ? But as you said.....if it is skin safe then its skin safe so apparently not.

Sorry to have asked a crazy question...
:oops:

Well, obviously many scents are skin safe but there are several with hints of cinnamon that burn my skin. Even plain FO, not EO's.

I forgot to mention that I'd love it as a shower or a sink soap as long as it wasn't too harsh. But my hands can definitely handle the spice more than my body so I say give it a try and maybe try it in the shower and see how spicy that particular FO is. I bet it smells wonderful!

I have made soap with apple pie fo. I wraped it in a band of red gingham fabric and tied hang tags on with twine. They used to sell really well at the holiday craft fairs....probably still would but I don't sell anymore. :)

My second batch is so yummy, and I used Fall Harvest FO, which smells just like apple pie or spiced apple cider. I did CP and it didn't accelerate at all. It's only 2 weeks old and I haven't used it yet. The spices aren't overwhelmingly strong so I'm guessing it won't irritate us in the shower. I am definitely buying this FO again.

Your apple pie sounds yummy, too. I'd love to see pics!

i have warm apple pie fo! it doesnt smell as cinnimonny as I would like. they have lots of fall scents in fo's, time to go shopping!!!!

Back