apple blossom tea/oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLem

Reaction score
I'm gearing up to make some soap on Friday. I want to use the abundant dandelions in my yard, so I picked a bunch and am currently making a tea with them to use in place of my water. I think I'm also going to use some of the calendula-infused olive oil I made a few weeks ago.

As I was making the dandelion tea, it occurred to me that I have this beautiful ornamental apple tree in my front yard that is currently full of pick flowers. Any reason not to use these flowers? I'm not sure exactly what I expect to get from it, but if dandelion (and lavender and calendula and rose and...) flowers can be used, why not apple?

That sounds like a great idea....I love the sound of apple blossom soap.
I bet somebody here can help you figure out how to make tea or an oil infusion with your apple blossoms (sorry, I can't do that).

No reason not to, but I doubt a scent would come through. If you wanted to scent soap using botanicals, you might be able to make plain soap, then grate it down and rebatch it with a strong infusion. You could even make it with a 0% superfat and then superfat it using infused oil when you rebatch.

Interesting idea about rebatching..I've never tried that, so this may be a perfect opportunity to try! Like I mentioned, I'm not sure what, if anything, from the infusion/tea would come through in the end...just thought it might be something interesting to try. As long as no ones knows of any toxicity/irritant issues with apple, I may give it a try.

I've used both dandelion-infused oil and tea and unfortunately the pretty color turns to an indistinct tan over time. Haven't tried apple blossoms.

Just wanted to update this thread....

I never got a chance to try this before the rain/wind knocked down most of the blossoms...I'll have to get my act together sooner next Spring!

Latest posts

Back