Anyone Used This Site for Essential Oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueberrylolli

Reaction score
http://www.anandaapothecary.com/

they look..legit but I tried searching for reviews and only found 1 that might have been written by a store employee. I'm wondering if anyone's tried that site for essential oils and your experience?

And if possible please suggest your favorite places for e. oils thanks

i haven't, but they're more expensive than oshadi, on few random eo's i looked. and oshadi has reputation..

eta; not that i'm trying to imply that this company doesn't, just comparing..

+ you could look for cheaper eo's around (if you're using them for soap making), i'm sorry i don't use web shops, so i don't have any links :(

im gonna use them in an oil blend for scar healing (not really soap i suppose but u guys have experience with e oils :D)

mostly these eos

Helichrysum italicum
common sage
neroli
*maybe* sandalwood
lavendar

i order from them, love that company, they have 1ml samples too. I ordered 1ml size on the spendy ones, like jsamine, neroli, sandalwood, it is enough for 4-6 oz of lotion.

finally got the oils took longer than i expected 4 days with no tracking information update

man i got jipped on the sample oils especially the more expensive one helichrysum. sent them an email asking how much oil they put in their samples they said 0.4 to 0.7 depending on value. got the helichrysum sample and it was like...0.2 of the bottle :(

i never knew essential oils don't smell good lol i thought they smell like flowers but they smell really medicinal..bitter?

good website for info tho

EOs can smell good or medicinal. Do you have a Whole Foods or other natural food store? I don't buy my EOs from there, but it gives you a general idea how the EOs smell. Sometimes they are just very strong but nicer when diluted, and sometimes they are nice when blended well.

some smell good, but often they don't - especially full strength.

dilute to 10% and sniff. then at 1% - if you want to get to know them. some are used as a fragrance material at parts per million.

EOs are hard, FOs are easy ;)

plus some EOs are more famous for their therapeutic effect.

(neroli and elichrysum are very expensive)

many health stores wont have the more spendy or unusual eos, like helicrys, jasmine, rose, if they do it is diluted with carrier oil.

well medicinal they are O.O

last night i tried an oil blend with hazelnut + some of the eo's

and i had this white head turned cyst (i resisted not picking it so the white head was gone but it was still red and inflammed). i rubbed the oil all over my face and today i wake up and it's pretty much all gone with just a small mark left wowww

neroli smelled really nice even at full str. the sandalwood was really sharp, but i had some left over on my hands and i washed my hands but the smell still lingered but then it smelled really nice hehe

eo's are amazing!!

Back