anyone use ng gm lotion base?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
ok, so i bought 2lbs of lotion base, it says you add deionized or distilled water to the base, can i use purified water? also, it seems kinda goopy not smooth, more water?

I would go ahead and use distilled water just to be safe. You can find it most places, don't you live near me in MN? I think you can find it at Cub for sure.

Let me know what you think of this after using it, what does it feel like, smell like, etc. I was very interested in it.

I got distilled, and it thinnned it out alot, you add up to 16 oz , but that would make it too runny.
I think i like the consistency of wsp silk and satin better though
It is sticky, not good, wouldnt buy again.

ok, Tasha im not sure about this lotion base, it has a odor to it, then i add fo and I can still smell it! is that the gm??

I bought this before and I really don't like it. It leaves my hands pretty tacky, no matter how much or little water I use. I had people at work try it out too and they didn't care for it. Liked wsp's gmh lotion much better. I thought about maybe using the ng base for a lotion spray but haven't tried it yet. I wasn't sure if maybe adding IPM or cyclo would help out with this base, but I think i read it can only hold 1% additional oil... Love the price, but not so much the actual base :(

honor that is really annoying! I have two different "unscented" shea lotions that are like that, they have a funny smell that won't go away. It may be the goats milk, in yours may be something else. I hate when that extra smell sticks around though so thanks for letting me know.

Back