anyone tried the lanolin lip solutions base from MMS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awi

Reaction score
MMS (majestic mountain sage) has a wonderful lip balm base that I would love to try and duplicate. I am not very familiar with making lip balm from scratch, so I don't know how to figure the %'s for each ingredient. It contains the following ingredients: beeswax, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and lanolin.

Any suggestions as to how much of each thing to try? Thanks for any help you might have.

a base i know of is
1/3rd wax
1/3rd hard butter
1/3rd liquid oils

1/3rd
beeswax,

1/3rd
cocoa butter and lanolin.

1/3rd
sweet almond oil, coconut oil, avocado oil,

And deviate from there to personal preference!

Deb said:
a base i know of is
1/3rd wax
1/3rd hard butter
1/3rd liquid oils

1/3rd
beeswax,

1/3rd
cocoa butter and lanolin.

1/3rd
sweet almond oil, coconut oil, avocado oil,

And deviate from there to personal preference!

Thanks Deb -

I know this may be a dumb question, but when you say 1/3rd of lets say cocoa butter and lanolin, does that mean a combination of those oils makes up 1/3rd...so if you wanted to add a tad more lanolin than cocoa butter, you could tweak that? I hope i am understanding this.

I would suggest using a little less lanolin. It is great in lip balms but I think it imparts a flavor to them as well that you may not like. Yes I know you add flavor oil to them but smell/taste the stuff and make your own desision.

Bruce

Latest posts

Back