Anyone see Thor??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it the other day with my lady, thought it was kickass! I love that they are coming out with all of these Marvel and other comic based movies.... sweeeeeeet!! I cant wait til the Avengers comes out! :)

I haven't, but I'm glad you liked it. I'm glad for the Marvel and other comic movies. I'd rather a comic book movie than a romance any day of the week! This summer looks fun.

Not yet, we saw Pirates 4 & they previewd Conan, it looks fantastic!

I saw it last weekend and really liked it as did my 20 yr. old son. I'm really looking forward to seeing Pirates, Super 8, X-Men, Harry Potter, Cowboys vs. Aliens (Can a movies with Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig not be good?), Green Lantern, and a few others I can't think of at the moment. It's going to be a good summer for movies, me thinks! Dottie

omg dottie i wanna see all of those!!!!

How was Pirates Tab?? was it worth the $11 ticket? lol I feel like they may have drawn it out too far so i was kinda weary on spending the $$ to see it

I rather enjoyed Thor. The cinematics were beautifully done, and it doesn't hurt that Thor is really really pretty.

Pirates kind of got a bit boring to me. Towards the middle I was just thinking things to myself like, "oh look mermaids", "is that a syphilis sore on Jack's face?" , and "Oooh popcorn!"

As a life long Conan fan though, I'm NOT looking forward to the new Conan movie. There are several reasons, and I won't go into them here as it would turn into a rant. Just imagine that you have one painting that you absolutely adored. Now imagine someone finger painting over it and covering it in unmentionable bodily fluids. Yeah it's something like that.
:cry:

@ Fyrja: I get what you mean about Conan. I feel exactly the same way about those big-screen Transformers movies. :(

I finally got around to seeing Thor this week, and enjoyed it a whole lot more than I expected to! I read loads of Marvel comics growing up but Thor was never one of my favourites, but the movie ended up being a blast.

I hope everyone who saw it stayed through to the very end of the credits. :wink:

IanT said:
omg dottie i wanna see all of those!!!!

How was Pirates Tab?? was it worth the $11 ticket? lol I feel like they may have drawn it out too far so i was kinda weary on spending the $$ to see it

Holly Molly! That is one reason we moved from Dallas to a smaller community. I saw the movie for $2.99 the day it came out. It was not in a piddly hick theater either. We do have a new theater w/ all the ammenities.

I reviewed the movie on my blog. http://steambathfactory.blogspot.com/20 ... oh-my.html

It was not brilliant but it was enjoyable.

Tabitha said:
I am looking very forward to seeing Cowboys vs. Aliens!

Ditto! Between this and Transformers 3, it's looking like a great summer for geeky movies :)

So far I've seen X-Men, which was a pleasant surprise (and SO much better than the Wolverine origins movie, which almost made me lose faith in the franchise). Has anybody seen Green Lantern? Love the comics, but the reviews for the movie are so bad that I'm afraid to see it...

We saw X-men last week. I enjoyed it. Though the hubby went all comic book geek and pointed out all the inconsistencies in the story.

I just listened politely and demanded taco bell.

Haven't seen Green Lantern yet, though I've heard it's good. I have house guests this weekend, so maybe I can talk them into it.

Back