Anyone Recommend a Good Peach FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danahuff

Reaction score
I have used Bramble Berry's, and it could be me and what I was trying to do, but I got soap on a stick. I was browsing some of Nature's Garden's, but the reviews on one said that it didn't stick in CP soap, and the reviews on another said the FO morphed.

I can't be 100% sure it's the FO that is being a problem for me, but both times I've tried to use it, I've had issues.

I made a batch using bramble berrys "peach" and it went fine. I should have added more though as its very faint. I wont be ordering again.

I've become addicted to reading reviews. But I've also read some sites edit, to only include favorable reviews.

They probably do, but NG seems willing to post negative ones. I have seen plenty of negative reviews on some of their fragrance. However, they do moderate the reviews. They don't appear right away. That is probably just to make sure the review addresses the product and not a beef with the company (shipping, cost, or something else). It annoys me when I read a negative review on Amazon and then discover the problem the person had was with the shipping or the third party from whom they bought the product. I want to know about the product itself.

I'm not buying BB's Peach again. Twice burned. It accelerated, and I got soap on a stick the last time. I globbed into the mold. Just cut it. It looks horrible. And it stinks.

I just haven't had good luck with that FO.

I depend on reviews too but haven't at least some scents been redone in no-pthalate form? I reckon this could change them and I appreciate Brambleberry at least posting info about that on some of the scents I've been looking at. The whole pthalate this escapes me. Everything I've read says it was never a health threat in these fragrance oils.

I depend on reviews too but haven't at least some scents been redone in no-pthalate form? I reckon this could change them and I appreciate Brambleberry at least posting info about that on some of the scents I've been looking at. The whole pthalate this escapes me. Everything I've read says it was never a health threat in these fragrance oils.

Pthalates apparently are used for a whole lot of plastic stuff, from making plastics softer to being used as a lubricant, to add slip to stuff, as an emulsifier, etc. But apparently they don't bond to anything so their molecules essentially become radicals and can cause a number of health concerns. If they are in fragerence oils, it's probably as a viscosity controller, and it's probably not a big problem because the main way they get into your body is through food consumption. How's that for pthalate-free - it's in your meat and vegatables.

Uh-oh another thing to worry about in food. Thanks for your expertise! I keep telling myself to go organic but those lettuce mixes in plastic bags are so convenient. Organic meat is not something I see alot but I guess if you're determined you could find it. Are canned fruits and vegetables okay? I think I already know the answer though. Someone once told me they weren't good but that was in the past and maybe now improved?

But I've asked scent suppliers about pthalates and not one of them seemed to feel it was a necessity. They just went along with the flow about it.

Uh-oh another thing to worry about in food. Thanks for your expertise! I keep telling myself to go organic but those lettuce mixes in plastic bags are so convenient. Organic meat is not something I see alot but I guess if you're determined you could find it. Are canned fruits and vegetables okay? I think I already know the answer though. Someone once told me they weren't good but that was in the past and maybe now improved?

But I've asked scent suppliers about pthalates and not one of them seemed to feel it was a necessity. They just went along with the flow about it.

I think it's mostly the packaging they put the food in. If you can get fresh meat at the butcher counter wrapped in just the paper, you should be fine if that is a concern for you. I always carry my own bags to the store too, or just leave my fruits and veggies to be put in paper bags. I think the plastic for produce is a waste, myself. Canned goods I don't know too much about, however my mother used to work in a cannery. I will ask her sometime what she thinks about it.

Back