Anyone have any Blender Soap advice?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mousegun32

Reaction score
I want to make some of the small 1lb. blender soaps and was wondering how they have turned out for others. :?

I used to make small batches in the blender with no difficulty at all. I would advise temping very cool, definitely don't discount the water, and be super careful when removing the lid so you don't get a trapped air bubble spraying soap at you.

However for some reason I stopped, well it was years ago and I don't ever make small enough batches now. Also, I get such a fast trace from the stick blender than I can't be bothered cleaning the blender!

I have been loving my blender soap! I just did a batch last night with the room temp cold process and it was super easy. My recipe was 1lb lard, 6 oz water and 2.1 oz lye. It turned out fantastic. It made 6 bars of soap which is just perfect for me as I only make soap for me and the family and not to sell. Its nice too because you can order those 1 oz soap samples and make lots of different soaps. Its nice because its in a container with a lid so there is less worry about splashes of raw soap and lye. I also like that i can toss everything in my dishwasher and all the lye stuff is out of the way and in the morning I run the dishwasher(after to soap has for the most part saponified.

The room temp oils with lye that has just been mixed is great too because i don't have to worry about lye sitting around the house to cool, its used right away, so theres less risk of someone getting hurt by its sitting around. it also makes a nice creamy bar like the freeze method, but with out the stress of dealing with the freezer.

I guess it could be called a whipped soap...you pour it into a mold when it is pretty thin so most of the air can escape. It will however produce a bar of soap that floats 90% of the time. I like it so far and it allows me to try alot of different things without using alot of supplies (16 oz) up in the event I don't like the results. I have even found some peeps make liquid soap in a blender, but have not tried it yet.

Just be careful when making those small batches that you have to be extra extra accurate with your measurements, because there is less room for error. A couple of grams over with your lye, or under with your oils and you could end up with lye heavy soap.

Back